ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Track and Field

omahawki

Team MVP
Dec 8, 2003
Thanks to Eric Ruttenberg on the article of the beautiful sport - Track and Field. Coached it for many years and it's an under appreciated sport that has minimal politics. You're either faster - stronger - or can jump higher....nobody picks a 1st or 2nd string. Iowa has a very good track and field program and the athletes are special and in some instances World class. Coach Woody is a great asset to U of Iowa and a great coach. If you haven't followed the Hawkeye Track program or seen any of the meets on B1G Network you're missing out. Iowa has some great athletes that work extremely hard all year long at a sport that does not get enough exposure. Track and Field is a year round sport in college (Indoor/Outdoor) season - these athletes work extremely hard. Keep the T & F articles coming please!

Last edited:
Thanks to Eric Ruttenberg on the article of the beautiful sport - Track and Field. Coached it for many years and it's an under appreciated sport that has minimal politics. You're either faster - stronger - or can jump higher....nobody picks a 1st or 2nd string. Iowa has a very good track and field program and the athletes are special and in some instances World class. Coach Woody is a great asset to U of Iowa and a great coach. If you haven't followed the Hawkeye Track program or seen any of the meets on B1G Network you're missing out. Iowa has some great athletes that work extremely hard all year long at a sport that does not get enough exposure. Track and Field is a year round sport in college (Indoor/Outdoor) season - these athletes work extremely hard. Keep the T & F articles coming please!
Strange that Ruttenberg's article captions the photo of Paige Magee with a comment about Myreanna Bebe's impressive result. It would strike me that it would be better to caption that photo as it relates to Hawkeye track and field ... and then go on to talk about Bebe (or, even better, use a different photo ... one with Bebe in it).

Track fan here. I'm wondering since I don't see McIvor's name in the results of the latest meets--is there something going with him again. Hope not. He missed so much at the end of last year's outdoor schedule.

Track fan here. I'm wondering since I don't see McIvor's name in the results of the latest meets--is there something going with him again. Hope not. He missed so much at the end of last year's outdoor schedule.
I noticed that also, hopefully they are just taking it slow in his return. That was a pretty serious hamstring tear he had and was out for 9 months. Such a talented 400m athlete - he is an olympic prospect for sure.

Hey all, thanks so much for reading over these past few weeks! Really appreciate the support and love to see the interest around what's been a really strong Hawkeye team over the past few years. Hoping for the same with Mckiver but definitely think you're on the right idea with them taking it slow (no insider info to back that up just a guess after seeing the first few weeks here)

Reactions: omahawki
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT