ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Women's Hoop season

I fear NIL is going make the college game more like the pros. When the star gets more for their NIL, everyone wants to be the star. Maybe not women's BB as much as other sports, but still...
I think that S/A’s that wish to take advantage of their NIL should be required to pay for their education and all of the other benefits they receive as college athletes. If not at the time they are participating, at least after they graduate, just as non athletic students do. If a S/A chooses not to participate in self promotion, their education and athletic benefits can be free.

Reactions: LinusPF
I think that S/A’s that wish to take advantage of their NIL should be required to pay for their education and all of the other benefits they receive as college athletes. If not at the time they are participating, at least after they graduate, just as non athletic students do. If a S/A chooses not to participate in self promotion, their education and athletic benefits can be free.
I'd like to see a minor leagues for all sports. Players that want to make money can do so in a minor leagues and play for the Barstool Sports Tigers or whatever. Leave colleges/Universities for amateurs and those who care as much about an education as they do their sport. I know which I'd watch.

I'd like to see a minor leagues for all sports. Players that want to make money can do so in a minor leagues and play for the Barstool Sports Tigers or whatever. Leave colleges/Universities for amateurs and those who care as much about an education as they do their sport. I know which I'd watch.

That's the way the rest of the world does it.

Never really understood why universities and colleges have athletic teams. Don't get me wrong, I love watching and rooting. But the whole concept of educational institutions also fielding athletic teams, just doesn't make sense. How do athletic teams fit into the mission of the school?

That's the way the rest of the world does it.

Never really understood why universities and colleges have athletic teams. Don't get me wrong, I love watching and rooting. But the whole concept of educational institutions also fielding athletic teams, just doesn't make sense. How do athletic teams fit into the mission of the school?
Honestly, it may help getting back to the best schools being and attracting the best. I don’t think that is the case right now.

Without sports interest the funding for universities would dry up. Most relate to their sports not their educational mission

Today is an Iowa day on BTN. The 2020 game in Iowa City against Maryland is on at noon. That was a weird game.
On a related note, anyone know Kathleen Doyle's future plans?

Schedules starting to roll out -
Purdue
Maryland - Games against Baylor, Stanford and at South Carolina

Iowa State playing in a tournament with Penn St., South Dakota St, UCLA
Indiana playing Stanford in the Bahamas
Minnesota opening a tournament against UConn in the Bahamas
Northwestern playing South Dakota and Texas A&M in Florida
Rutgers playing Arizona in St. Thomas

Free agency has been good to the Blue Devils. Seven incoming transfers -- all former Top 40 recruits.

Brand New Team
That could be good for us. We're playing them early enough in the season that the team might not have chemistry together yet. If they get things figured out later in the season and go on a run, it could be a good addition to our resume.

Reactions: cyberhawk
AJ Ediger was on campus for the summer. Shateah Wetering is also missing. I’m sure there is a simple explanation for their absence. Of course Caitlin is overseas with the US U19 team.

Last edited:
A player or two is usually missing from these photos each year. I don't recall there ever being an actual issue. Usually the missing players just have a summer class or some other obligation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT