ADVERTISEMENT

New Story **Hawkeyes add commitment from DB Teegan Davis**

Apr 8, 2003

Good athlete (see dunk video below) that broad jumped 10'3" at Iowa's camp and won a state title in the high jump last spring (6-6.25).

Previously committed to Eastern Illinois.

As a senior, Davis finished the season with 52 tackles and eight interceptions on defense along with 1,638 yards passing, 766 yards rushing, and 36 touchdowns on offense.

Good athlete (see dunk video below) that broad jumped 10'3" at Iowa's camp and won a state title in the high jump last spring (6-6.25).

As a senior, Davis finished the season with 52 tackles and eight interceptions on defense along with 1,638 yards passing, 766 yards rushing, and 36 touchdowns on offense.

Cooper DeJean II?

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Welcome, aboard Teegan! Thanks for giving your verbal to the Hawkeyes. You will enjoy your time in Iowa City.

Last edited:
Welcome young man. Hopefully he follows in the foot steps of numerous hawkeye DB's that flipped late or did not receive an offer. Merriweather, Geno Stone, Micah Hyde, Bob Sanders to name a few.

Reactions: Bishop1971

Chad Greenway was another small town guy who could (un)surprisingly dunk like that. Probably a big thicker coming out of high school though?

Welcome to the Hawkeye Family----enjoy your college years----work hard and you will be successful

Welcome to the Hawkeye family! I for one am extremely happy for this addition and happy for Teegan accepting the chance to play for pp!

I will never complain about Phil Parker getting raw athletes and molding them into great players.

How many Iowa kids are playing prominent roles for NDSU and SDSU?? I know this kid is from Illinois, but there are a lot of mold-able kids from small midwestern towns that we can have success with.

Use the portal for QB and WR. We can develop the rest (although the OL needs immediate help).

6’2” 180 immediately reminded me of Micah Hyde. Had to look it up…Hyde’s recruit profile says 6’1” 170.

So I’ll officially root for an inch taller, 10 lbs heavier Micah!!

Welcome Teegan!

9 foot rim? Kid makes dunking look effortless which is really impressive at only 6’2”. Plus his football tape is impressive. If he puts the work in I wouldn’t be surprised to see a future all big ten player with Phil’s tutelage.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Wow, that is some freakish athleticism. If he has to play behind someone on the defensive side his freshman year I hope they get him on the field as punt/kick returner, WR or wildcat QB. I don't know what level high school ball he plays, but fast is fast.

8 interceptions in a season is one of those accomplishments that gets my attention regardless of competition level. I'll be intrigued to see how he develops here.

(Some others: 1,200+ receiving yards, over 70% completion rate, over 10 sacks, 5 or more forced fumbles, 2,000 rushing yards, anything approaching 800+ yards receiving from a tight end.)

Reactions: TouchdownMyPants
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT