ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes and Flo events?

Brookes and Lugo wrestled not to long ago; not in a Flo event but they both wrestled. My guess for as why the others haven’t wrestled might be because they’re not much of a draw right now. If they can get some decent wins at opens and tournaments that will change where people will pay to watch them compete against some of these top guys. Again that’s only my guess I could be completely wrong.

Its because Flo hates Iowa.

tenor.gif

If I am not mistaken, college wrestlers are prohibited from wrestling all events between start of semester and Nov. 1, unless it is a USA wrestling sanctioned event for the purpose of making a world team, Olympic qualifying, etc. What has been speculated is that the wrestlers who took part in these past 2 events are going to Olympic/redshirt this year so they were ok to participate. Senior nationals next month will be strange bc as of now there has been no clarification yet as to whether it will be a team qualifying event bc they are not sure yet if worlds are going to occur, but some believe that bc you can qualify for an Olympic redshirt that might be a loophole to allow college wrestlers to compete.

If I am not mistaken, college wrestlers are prohibited from wrestling all events between start of semester and Nov. 1, unless it is a USA wrestling sanctioned event for the purpose of making a world team, Olympic qualifying, etc. What has been speculated is that the wrestlers who took part in these past 2 events are going to Olympic/redshirt this year so they were ok to participate. Senior nationals next month will be strange bc as of now there has been no clarification yet as to whether it will be a team qualifying event bc they are not sure yet if worlds are going to occur, but some believe that bc you can qualify for an Olympic redshirt that might be a loophole to allow college wrestlers to compete.

The NCAA has made exceptions (due to covid and the delays in a wrestling season ) to the outside competition rules and timeline. So college athletes are good to go in Coralville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT