ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Hawkeyes land DE Caden Crawford***

Top 500 guy and feels even bigger because like many programs the 2022 classes are slowly developing because of the pandemic and limitations on visits. Iowa does not want to be among the latter schools to get their ~20 recruits in this class. Something around 3/4 of Iowa's 2021 class was signed by May. Also if Deyo commits soon then you would think the DL for 2022 would be nearly wrapped up.

Crawford is listed as OLB but ranked as a DE, but based on his size he looks to be a standard DE in Iowa's 4-3. Maybe plays the typical 'edge' OLB in high school.

Nice combo D-line, good size already. Graves remind anyone of Matty Roth? Crawford's film remind you of any recent Hawks? Although will take some time to learn LB to DL transition. Although Jack Campbell is 6'5' just saying.

Reactions: RothMatt
Thats excellent news! I didnt see this coming since 2022 class hasnt been able to visit much yet. A very welcome surprise. Sounds like both early dline commits are recruiters. Hope they add deyo to the class

Crawford told me Aaron Graves has already talked to him about setting their sights on Hunter Deyo as the next defensive lineman to help the staff recruit for 2022.

Hunter

3ZzY.gif

DEYO

Wow! This is some fantastic middle of the week news1 Welcome Caden! Great to have on board with us! You will love your athletic and academic experience in Iowa City. I know you will work hard and get the most out of it.

Pretty good get for us stealing him out from under K State and not even visiting. Says alot about our reputation and culture. Kansas is becoming a recruiting hotbed for us!

Last edited:
Iowa isn’t impressed with his junior film, and it sounds like that offer might not be committable anymore. That’s pure speculation on my part.

Lol, what does this even mean? How do you offer a really direct statement about the staff not liking his film while concurrently stating it's pure speculation.?

Lol, what does this even mean? How do you offer a really direct statement about the staff not liking his film while concurrently stating it's pure speculation.?
That’s kind of been a well known thing the staff isn’t impressed with his junior film. It’s pure speculation the offer might not be committable.

That’s kind of been a well known thing the staff isn’t impressed with his junior film. It’s pure speculation the offer might not be committable.

I must not be on the boards enough because that's the 1st I've heard of that. Not saying you're wrong.

I believe if you look at who Iowa contacted as well on the first day they were allowed to talk to recruits they didn’t talk to McLaughlin. I think the only schools that did were ISU and an Ivy League school

Great get, welcome aboard young man!
That said, am I the only one a little nervous that he’s never set foot on campus?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT