ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Hawkeyes land DE Caden Crawford***

Everyone knows that Hawks only look at jr high film duh... but seriously Reese Morgan was that good

I must not be on the boards enough because that's the 1st I've heard of that. Not saying you're wrong.

It has been mentioned here and other sites that contact from Iowa has really lessened. Iowa has always recruited him as a de and I think Iowa lately has concentrated on others like Crawford and Chase Carter. Putting some bits of info here and there, it appears that Iowa hasn't been very interested. Now with landing Crawford and having a decent shot with Carter I bet the interest is nil. Plus is Graves a de? Carter is a take and he's a better prospect. period.

It has been mentioned here and other sites that contact from Iowa has really lessened. Iowa has always recruited him as a de and I think Iowa lately has concentrated on others like Crawford and Chase Carter. Putting some bits of info here and there, it appears that Iowa hasn't been very interested. Now with landing Crawford and having a decent shot with Carter I bet the interest is nil. Plus is Graves a de? Carter is a take and he's a better prospect. period.
A better prospect than Graves or are you referring to mclaughlin?

Given that Iowa now has the CASH-D sets as our "base" D ... our main D these days centers around the use of 2 ILBs.

If you look to the "now" ... we have 2 proven guys in Benson and Campbell.

If you look to the "near future" ... I think that we'll have plenty to be excited about Higgins and Jacobs.

If you look to the "future" given our '21 class - we loaded up on some talented LBs in Harrell, Sullivan, Twedt, and Sharar (and conceivably Hilson). Some of the guys ... like Twedt and Sharar certainly could end up having some position versatility (like maybe ending up at TE, HB, or edge-defender).

So that obviously points to the Hawks not needing to take on many LBs in the '22 class. So the emphasis will be placed more on landing "the right guy" rather than landing a ton of guys at the spot.

Given that Iowa now has the CASH-D sets as our "base" D ... our main D these days centers around the use of 2 ILBs.

If you look to the "near future" ... I think that we'll have plenty to be excited about Higgins and Jacobs.

If you look to the "future" given our '21 class - we loaded up on some talented LBs in Harrell, Sullivan, Twedt, and Sharar (and conceivably Hilson). Some of the guys ... like Twedt and Sharar certainly could end up having some position versatility (like maybe ending up at TE, HB, or edge-defender).

So that obviously points to the Hawks not needing to take on many LBs in the '22 class. So the emphasis will be placed more on landing "the right guy" rather than landing a ton of guys at the spot.
Sharar, according to a big isu fan here in ames, is gonna be another one of those hidden gems the staff always finds. I guess this guys son played against IFA & he said Sharar was always around the ball either making the tackle or closing off a lane. McDonald's POY finalists in basketball too

Reactions: easy2 and bumpstock
Could he play LB? He is about Campbell's size.
Nah ... with size like that from the outset ... you want him to grow into that frame at DE. He'll be able to pretty comfortably grow into 270 ... but maintaining that LB-like agility and explosiveness. Given our personnel recruiting over the past few years ... it will be fascinating to see how guys develop.

Reactions: millhawk
Sharar, according to a big isu fan here in ames, is gonna be another one of those hidden gems the staff always finds. I guess this guys son played against IFA & he said Sharar was always around the ball either making the tackle or closing off a lane. McDonald's POY finalists in basketball too
"...Sharar was always around the ball either making the tackle or closing off a lane." This really shows up in his film! Seth Wallace is fantastic at recruiting (and, coaching) LBs.

"...Sharar was always around the ball either making the tackle or closing off a lane." This really shows up in his film! Seth Wallace is fantastic at recruiting (and, coaching) LBs.
Kid is impressive! Gotta love these kids that aren't just playing multiple sports but dominating them too

Agree and if we are fortunate enough to land Bonnema my bet is we shut down lber recruiting for the year.

E4wMk7IXIAE-FAT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT