ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Hawkeyes land JUCO DT Anterio Thompson***

Apr 8, 2003
Article:

The Iowa Hawkeyes have landed a verbal commitment from junior college defensive tackle Anterio Thompson. The 6-foot-2, 295-pound Thompson announced his decision tonight right at midnight to celebrate his 20th birthday.

"I've got my birthday, my commitment, and a game this weekend, so there are a lot of emotions but most of all I'm just excited," said Thompson. "To say I'm going to be a Division I athlete is just mind-blowing. It's something you dream about."

Thompson, who picked up a scholarship offer from Iowa on Monday, chose the Hawkeyes over Illinois, Nebraska, NC State, Kansas, Washington State, Memphis, Houston, Costal Carolina, UNLV, Liberty, Arkansas State, Utah State, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Western Kentucky, and South Dakota.

A Dubuque Hempstead graduate in 2021, Thompson enrolled at Iowa Western Community College and redshirted his first year on campus so still has three years of eligibility remaining. Right now, his plan is to graduate from Iowa Western in December and enroll at the University of Iowa at semester in January of 2023.

A three-star prospect, Thompson ran a 4.61 forty at Nebraska's camp in June and currently has 17 tackles, 5.5 TFL, and four sacks this season through seven games for Iowa Western.

See Thompson's mid-season highlights in the video below.

I'm sure the kid is a great player and asset to the program.

How bout fixing what really needs to be fixed.
Well, let's think about this.

If we keep Brian, what's the point of bringing in a new QB to learn his complex offense in the course of an offseason (and yes, Kirk could absolutely do something so stupid).........

If we fire Brian, you wanna bring in a new QB through the transfer portal to learn the offense, or would you rather develop one of your young or (incoming) freshmen QBs for the future, and let them experience the growing pains in season 1 of the new OC in 2023?

Well, let's think about this.

If we keep Brian, what's the point of bringing in a new QB to learn his complex offense in the course of an offseason (and yes, Kirk could absolutely do something so stupid).........

If we fire Brian, you wanna bring in a new QB through the transfer portal to learn the offense, or would you rather develop one of your young or (incoming) freshmen QBs for the future, and let them experience the growing pains in season 1 of the new OC in 2023?
Someone must be drinking …..this has nothing to do with the new verbal! Oh no wait …….we cant make a positive comment, we have to complain…… All the time…..about everything. Getting very old!

Wait a sec - no one posting this?

denzel-washington-boom.gif

Someone must be drinking …..this has nothing to do with the new verbal! Oh no wait …….we cant make a positive comment, we have to complain…… All the time…..about everything. Getting very old!
I'm sorry you think the truth gets old........although technically you're right.

Everything ages......

C'mon! I have been as critical of the offense and specifically the Ferentzes as almost anyone on here. This guy is a good get for the defense. The one thing the defense needs is bulk. This guy is 295 and shows great athleticism. Be happy for some good news.
Defense good. Offense bad.

Same story, different day. That’s fun.

Lol, people on here will find any excuse to bitch about the offense.
First, no excuses are needed. The facts work just fine: Worst QB in the country, worst offense in the country.
Second, this season has proven, beyond debate, that no matter how great your defense is, you're wasting your time if you don't have an offense. So there's that. And it ain't no LOLing matter.

• Haha
Reactions: Dargo and HawkOn15
Article:

The Iowa Hawkeyes have landed a verbal commitment from junior college defensive tackle Anterio Thompson. The 6-foot-2, 295-pound Thompson announced his decision tonight right at midnight to celebrate his 20th birthday.

"I've got my birthday, my commitment, and a game this weekend, so there are a lot of emotions but most of all I'm just excited," said Thompson. "To say I'm going to be a Division I athlete is just mind-blowing. It's something you dream about."

Thompson, who picked up a scholarship offer from Iowa on Monday, chose the Hawkeyes over Illinois, Nebraska, NC State, Kansas, Washington State, Memphis, Houston, Costal Carolina, UNLV, Liberty, Arkansas State, Utah State, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Western Kentucky, and South Dakota.

A Dubuque Hempstead graduate in 2021, Thompson enrolled at Iowa Western Community College and redshirted his first year on campus so still has three years of eligibility remaining. Right now, his plan is to graduate from Iowa Western in December and enroll at the University of Iowa at semester in January of 2023.

A three-star prospect, Thompson ran a 4.61 forty at Nebraska's camp in June and currently has 17 tackles, 5.5 TFL, and four sacks this season through seven games for Iowa Western.

See Thompson's mid-season highlights in the video below.

Blair, did you agree not to post this until gameday?
😉

Seems like a good get. Hopefully, our dense head coach is putting in 5 times the effort to recruit for the offense than the defense. No confidence in Captain Kirk.

Lol, people on here will find any excuse to bitch about the offense.
Yes, I've been critical of BF and the offense but this is welcomed news at a time when the program is inundated with negative commentary. Some of the snarky remarks are humorous and make the point but let's celebrate the good news without taking the redundant unrelated comments.

This is awesome and great…but the defense is already pretty stacked….if we’re going to focus on Juco immediate help, please focus on the OLine!!!

Reactions: joemc2
ADVERTISEMENT