ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Hawkeyes land TE Cael Vanderbush***

First impression: looks more like a Thomas Fidone clone. As other have noted, will benefit substantially in Iowa's S&C program. Before/after photos three years from now will likely be remarkable. And we have this on-field possibility a few years down the road....
WR Brody Brecht, 6ft5
WR Kyler Kasper, 6ft6
TE Cael Vanderbush, 6ft6
....a basketball frontcourt on turf. Alley Oop U. If Iowa can sign a midget QB this class they could become the most entertaining team in America, must watch TV.
Holy. Fargin. Sheet!

Run and gun! Phi Slamma Jamma! Sky Hawkeyes!

and dynamic QB’s in Hogan and Day to pass to them.

OGC.67a6be2897754374b3db2a0daa688a6a
Hold your horsey all you want, but this kid is special. Last time I saw that kind of breakaway speed in a TE was Kittle.

I like it. Tall and probably moves good with good hands.

Pack some muscle to his frame.

We have a great history with these type of kids.

Great size, glad to see he jumped on the TE-U! The program should have him up to 240 by freshman season?

How is his only offer from Western Michigan before Utah and Iowa jump in? Wow. Kid looks like an athlete...with size who can run.

First impression: looks more like a Thomas Fidone clone. As other have noted, will benefit substantially in Iowa's S&C program. Before/after photos three years from now will likely be remarkable. And we have this on-field possibility a few years down the road....
WR Brody Brecht, 6ft5
WR Kyler Kasper, 6ft6
TE Cael Vanderbush, 6ft6
....a basketball frontcourt on turf. Alley Oop U. If Iowa can sign a midget QB this class they could become the most entertaining team in America, must watch TV.
Goosebumps at the thought of having those three on the field at the same time.

Welcome to the family Cael! I'm certain you know our track record with regards to developing tight ends. I predict stardom for you a couple of years down the road. Thanks for your commitment!

Bob Sanders was going to Ohio

Micah Hyde was headed to Miami (OH).

Desmond King was going to Ball St.

The list goes on and on….
Seth Benson was headed to South Dakota State

Cole Croston was apparently headed nowhere, had zero college offers per Rivals, walked on at Iowa at about 220lbs, eventually won a starting spot at OT, UDFA, signed by Patriots, 3 years in NFL, has a Super Bowl Ring.

....many more examples

I trust Kirk to get the players that fit his system.

Cael looks like a good one. Welcome to the Hawks!

Reactions: F5n5
Based on the success (and lack therof) we've had in the past, we might be better off playing with 3 or 4 TEs on every play, and just forget about having WRs.

;)
Iowa also converts TEs to offensive linemen. Probably not this kid but you never know. He seems to have that mean streak that a tackle needs...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT