ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes land top 100 recruit Chevin Calloway

Here you go:
PLcCmmn.jpg
Holy shit that's awesome

Reactions: icu81222
AWESOME !!! These are the type of kids that can turn a good program into a great one. Also want to give a shout out to the offers/stars don't matter crew on HR. Y'all get so excited when we land a kid like this, why is that ?

Having outstanding athletes that are great ambassadors for the program-Dez King- returning from last year's outstanding year, is also a great benefit when it comes to recruiting. Not slighting anyone else that is returning,just noticed Calloway's and other recruits mentioning the returning Thorpe Award winner.

It really can't be understated how much Dez is helping. He's an outstanding person and I hope that someday we'll see his name in Kinnick.

I'm no expert on recruiting, but if I had to guess I would think winning and relationships are the two most important factors. Winning happened last year and within a year you can feel the excitement of the program on all fronts, especially recruiting. I have heard the staff has been putting time in Texas for a while building relationships with coaches, schools and kids and it is paying off. Arguably the most important relationships are to have the foundation of a guy like AJ and others who committed early and then a vocal recruiter like Eno Benjamin. It is clear Calloway researched and thought hard on his decision but it certainly helped having the connections with all those Dallas recruits. I love that they are embracing the "texas to Iowa" and "Swarm '17" tag

Our new top of the line facilities have also played a huge role in the last couple years. That's why is so important to just get guys to come visit. #TX2IA

Man, they are really putting together a great class with what seems like some really good character kids. Kennedy and the staff plus Eno are killing it in Texas. Hopefully they can get Greenwood and Buckley to visit maybe Daniels as well.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Watched Chevin's video again today, man that kid can play. Great hips, a true lock down corner. He has excellent closing speed and when he get there he lays a lick.

I also watched Hankins film, he is another to watch, a little taller and has more length, he reminds me a lot of another Texan, Merton Hanks, who had a great career in the NFL with the 49ers.

Colbert is a prototypical safety, hard hitter against the run, also has great speed.

Harrell looks to be an all purpose player, could fill a lot of rolls.

Excellent DB class.

Flip Boyce from Texas, get Daniels to join his teammate at Iowa, then have all 7 of the Texas kids work on flipping Buckley from A&M to Iowa. Would make for a hell of a class! #TX2IA

Reactions: VodkaSam
AWESOME !!! These are the type of kids that can turn a good program into a great one. Also want to give a shout out to the offers/stars don't matter crew on HR. Y'all get so excited when we land a kid like this, why is that ?
Because we're going to win the national title, obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT