ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes offer top JUCO cornerback Keshawn Davila

The secondary needs all the help they can get.
Words I didn't think I'd hear while Phil is our DC. But yeah, we do. And with this being Harris' last year, we need help at all 4 positions because our safeties are NOT good and the other corner position is a train wreck. Man, we went from riches to rags in the secondary pretty damn fast!

too bad we can't make in season trades ;)
No kidding!

The Dline could really help out the secondary with just an average pass rush this season, unfortunately the ability to pressure the QB has been abysmal thus far.

It makes a world of difference to a Phil Parker defense (or any defense for that matter) having an elite pass rush DE on the team. Sadly, there's no Van Ness, AJE, Drew Ott, Clayborn or Matt Roth on this team.

Words I didn't think I'd hear while Phil is our DC. But yeah, we do. And with this being Harris' last year, we need help at all 4 positions because our safeties are NOT good and the other corner position is a train wreck. Man, we went from riches to rags in the secondary pretty damn fast!
They're not playing with a high level of physicality like we're used to seeing either.

Reactions: bobchawk
Complacency, stubbornness…oh shucks 🤷🏻‍♂️

Taskawatchanemie State will offer the kid $10 large, so IOWA will offer either $5k or $500k. Way under, or way over…man, we need a general manager to direct the roster yield according to the talent market.

Etringer has played well. Best safety we’ve had this year imo.

No kidding!

The Dline could really help out the secondary with just an average pass rush this season, unfortunately the ability to pressure the QB has been abysmal thus far.

It makes a world of difference to a Phil Parker defense (or any defense for that matter) having an elite pass rush DE on the team. Sadly, there's no Van Ness, AJE, Drew Ott, Clayborn or Matt Roth on this team.
We miss Joe Evans so much!

No kidding!

They looked like a different group against MSU vs Washington.

Reactions: IAcountyHawk
They looked like a different group against MSU vs Washington.
Michigan State has a similar blue collar program that prides physicality all over the field. The games with them are always slug fests where the victors usually impose their will physically on both sides of the ball. Their ball carriers weren’t avoiding contact, they were initiating it. Easy to do when you win big in the trenches on both sides and stack 8-9 man boxes and crash LOS on D, forcing repeated 3 and outs because your opponent can’t throw the ball.

So, he just officially visited Michigan State to watch them beat the Hawks.
Ironically the poor showing from the defense he got to see shld give him confidence he can come in a play immediately for a typically stellar Iowa defense. At least I hope that was his takeaway!!

Etringer has played well. Best safety we’ve had this year imo.
We have a lot of young talent, but they are young. We have talent at WR, DB, LB and TE, but it is all young. IF we get to a bowl game, after bowl practice ends, coach will tell us who the young guys are that are doing well this season, just like he always does. They don't have much time to sepnd with the young guys right now, so bowl prep gives them a chance to see who is taking the biggest steps forward. Then obviously we need them to double down on commitment in the off season.

We have a lot of young talent, but they are young. We have talent at WR, DB, LB and TE, but it is all young. IF we get to a bowl game, after bowl practice ends, coach will tell us who the young guys are that are doing well this season, just like he always does. They don't have much time to sepnd with the young guys right now, so bowl prep gives them a chance to see who is taking the biggest steps forward. Then obviously we need them to double down on commitment in the off season.
I’m cautiously optimistic about the last 2 years classes but until they find a good QB it won’t matter. How they’ve continually screwed up their evaluations and development at the most critical position on the team is beyond frustrating.

with Sully starting, I honestly think we are 7-1 instead of 5-3

we don't lose to Clown U

we don't lose at MSU
They’d have won the ISU game by 20 points. Should have without him. They might have won by 20 if he just would have played inside the 3 yard line.

I agree there is a fair chance they’d have won the MSU game as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT