ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Hawkeyes sign punter Tory Taylor

Blair, I knew when you gave me a like on another thread about getting an Aussie punter, I was on the right track and that you were holding your info back. Happy!:D:D:D:D

Blair, I knew when you gave me a like on another thread about getting an Aussie punter, I was on the right track and that you were holding your info back. Happy!:D:D:D:D

Well, I've been talking to the guys at ProKick Australia for a couple months now and knew someone was coming Iowa's way, but they don't like to talk specifics or even names until their guys sign.

Talking to Michael Sleep-Dalton, who knows Tory Taylor a little bit, he said he's around 22-23 years old and should have all 4 years of eligibility remaining.

So Australia is now the hotbed for punters. Is it because of Aussie rules football? I remember watching that way back in the early days of ESPN when they didn't have enough programming to fill time slots. Loved the referees in their fedoras and white suit jackets
Yeah, most of these guys grow up playing Australian rules football and then transfer those skills over to American football working with ProKick Australia, who helps place them in the U.S.

Reactions: pink shizzle
5TAAh4.gif

6'4" and 225? Does the U of I still have a rugby club? If so, he'd be a good addition. That's a big boy!

We were in Sydney last March for vacation. Had an opportunity to take in a AFL match. The skill set of their players is exactly the same as an American punter. The guys coming to the US of course are not playing pro ball there. Had seen AFL games on TV. In person was exciting for sure.

Talked to Nathan Chapman of Prokick Australia to get a little more info on Tory Taylor.

"Tory is a very good pick up for Iowa."

"He's a big lad, more like 6-5, 230 lbs. I'd say."

"Booms it a mile and loves kicking it with hang time."

"He does all the punt styles very well."

"Clean hands with a quick get off."

Talked to Nathan Chapman of Prokick Australia to get a little more info on Tory Taylor.

So like an Australian Reggie Roby?

Reactions: bowlhawk
Besides Taylor and Fahey (The walk-on from Waukon)
What other Punters do we still have on the team?

6'4" and 225? Does the U of I still have a rugby club? If so, he'd be a good addition. That's a big boy!
Rugby and Australian Rules FB are different though I guess he could try rugby, buy you knew that. Let's see, there is American football, Canadian football, with 12 men, Rugby, Australian football, wonder if there are any others out there. Not counting the indoor fb yet. They all have the oval ball, don;t they?.

Reactions: Eternal Return

All that matters right there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT