ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Hawkeyes sign punter Tory Taylor

Well, hopefully he's accurate as well. Booming it down the field is one thing, pinning them inside the 10 is another. Both equally important.

Talked to Nathan Chapman of Prokick Australia to get a little more info on Tory Taylor.

"Tory is a very good pick up for Iowa."

"He's a big lad, more like 6-5, 230 lbs. I'd say."

"Booms it a mile and loves kicking it with hang time."

"He does all the punt styles very well."

"Clean hands with a quick get off."

How does the recruitment work? Someone from Iowa go there to observe or did he come here, or we rely on someone in Australia to evaluate? Been there one time and it was a hellish long flight. Had to go to their west coast so once got to Sydney had to fly another 5 hours to get to their west coast to Perth. Great country and people.

Talked to Nathan Chapman of Prokick Australia to get a little more info on Tory Taylor.

"Clean hands with a quick get off."
giphy.gif

Rugby and Australian Rules FB are different though I guess he could try rugby, buy you knew that. Let's see, there is American football, Canadian football, with 12 men, Rugby, Australian football, wonder if there are any others out there. Not counting the indoor fb yet. They all have the oval ball, don;t they?.

lol, yeah. Okay, maybe he's Iowa's solution at MLB next year, huh? ;-)

Has been a great addition. One thing I worry about though....he seems to have a super low trajectory off of his foot and looks like it might cause a problem before long as it looks like it is closer to getting blocked

Best Iowa punter since... ?
Iowa has had some very good punters over the last 40 years but the way Tory kills the ball inside the 15 yard line is something we never had. This is in all due respect to Reggie Roby who had a booming leg but i don't recall him being able to plant the opposition like Tory is. Tory's punts don't go bounding into the end zone. They are demoralizing.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I think we have former Aussie San Diego Chargers Punter Darren Bennett to thank for paving the way for Aussies to play American football. That guy was a beast of a punter from the mid-90’s to mid-00’s, and not afraid to lay a hit on an unsuspecting kick returner. He also brought the pooch punt to the league.

any thoughts on if he'lll be back next year in 2021? I say he probably takes the money & runs.

Hilarious reading this thread in retrospect. Fantastic find. I’d be inclined to just order up each of our punters from ProKick Australia, frankly.

Reactions: Herkmeister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT