ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks a “dark horse”

Hawqize

Rookie
Jun 13, 2020
If the hawks don't drop an egg, like they usually find a way to do, they will be right there. Interesting that Duckswire says Iowa has the 5th most difficult schedule in the BIG. I can't say I see it that way.

Last edited:
Iowa doesn't have any control over who they play in the BIG. Every school has seasons when the schedule may be easier--not easy, but easier--than in other years. Teams like Iowa need to take advantage of those seasons. Right now, I think Iowa can have a special season in 2024, one that leads to the 12-team playoffs.

If the hawks don't drop an egg, like they usually find a way to do, they will be right there. Interesting that Duckswire says Iowa has the 5th most difficult schedule in the BIG. I can't say I see it that way.

I see USC's one easy game is against Utah State. It will be interesting to see how well Petras plays against the Trojans.

So I've been super pessimistic the last few years because of the whole Brian thing and the offense in general. If, and of course it's a big if, McNamara is actually the McNamara we were hoping to get before all of the injuries, I'd say I am cautiously optimistic. New schemes, hopefully a scheme that doesn't let the defense know the play before it happens, etc. Starting to come around a bit. Scary!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT