ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks are 2-1.

Suterman

HR Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Extrapolate that out to 32 games and it's 21-11. I will take that right now, No questions asked. There is hope for this season, for sure.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Extrapolate that out to 32 games and it's 21-11. I will take that right now, No questions asked. There is hope for this season, for sure.

Yeah I’m not to optimistic about this team. We just seem a step slow on defense. Against average teams we will struggle. I don’t want to see what happens when we play the likes of MSU and OSU. Unless we’re shooting at a 70% clip, we will get boat raced by good teams.

Reactions: Ihawkhoops
To me this looks like a team in the 14-16 win range. This early stretch of 5-6 games against he power 5 including the 2 early B1G games, I’m not sure we win more than 1 of these.

We will most certainly know more 3 weeks from now.

Just to clarify I think we lose all of those early games against the power 5/6 but I want to believe somehow we get 1 with the stars aligning one night. This team does not pass the eye test and DePaul’s an early indicator of that. It was borderline lick embarrassing.

I am not sure which end of the court worries me more. Offensively Iowa appears to be Garza and 3-pointers. Defensively it does not appear canceling the PTL has had any impact. Not sure what Fran and staff do in practice, but when he is lamenting the team doesn't understand they need to move the ball and not quick shoot. I thought this was the focus post-DePaul but they did the exact same stuff against ORU. Good thing they had a 21 point lead to work with.

Michigan St., Maryland, and Ohio St are
ranked in the top 20 AP rankings this week.
The Big Ten is going to have plenty of teams
in the middle of the pack in the conference
standings. Iowa will really have to fight hard
to be in the middle of the race.

Guess we can extrapolate after every game.

muFLy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT