ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks at home vs Georgia Tech in the Big Ten/ACC

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
I thought we would draw Wake but I guess it's GT.

Leading scorer was a senior, not sure if he is still there at just over 17 a game.

They won only 5 games in the ACC last year.

Last edited:
B1G 6-2 going into Wednesday

Win either 8-6 or tie 7-7

Minnesota (can’t believe I’m picking Minny)
Pitt
Illinois
Maryland

Clemson
Michigan
Wisconsin
Iowa

Duke
Purdue
Miami
UNC/IU can’t decide
ND
BC

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Kind of lame matchups this year … expected both Illinois and Iowa to be matched with better teams, and Rutgers/Miami and Purdue/FSU seem like they’re happening for the billionth time.
Purdue and FSU have played 4 of the last 5 seasons. They do an absolutely abysmal job of switching things up. I get no team wants to play 2 road games in this in a row, but it's a necessary thing every now and then to prevent it being limited to a pool of the same 7 teams.

I disagree about them being respectable. They were just in trouble and only won 5 conference games.

GT used to be respectable, though.
It's not a directional school. It's a P5 school. And Iowa will need to be ready or they could lose.

They made the tournament two years ago. But they only played 6 guys over 12 minutes a game highlighted by Alvarado. All 6 of those guys are now gone.

They have 1 or 2 former four stars, but they will be competing for the worst P5 team Iowa will play all year.

And to be honest, I kind of like having an easier opponent at home in between the games against Duke and so on. A chance to take a deep breathe.

Iowa's given themselves enough opportunities to pick up good wins.

Reactions: Ronman and BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT