Hawks at home vs Georgia Tech in the Big Ten/ACC

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
I thought we would draw Wake but I guess it's GT.

Leading scorer was a senior, not sure if he is still there at just over 17 a game.

They won only 5 games in the ACC last year.

Last edited:

iahawks10

HR Legend
Nov 3, 2001
B1G 6-2 going into Wednesday

Win either 8-6 or tie 7-7

Minnesota (can’t believe I’m picking Minny)
Pitt
Illinois
Maryland

Clemson
Michigan
Wisconsin
Iowa

Duke
Purdue
Miami
UNC/IU can’t decide
ND
BC

Reactions: Hawksfor3

HawkHoops80

HR All-State
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022
Kind of lame matchups this year … expected both Illinois and Iowa to be matched with better teams, and Rutgers/Miami and Purdue/FSU seem like they’re happening for the billionth time.
Purdue and FSU have played 4 of the last 5 seasons. They do an absolutely abysmal job of switching things up. I get no team wants to play 2 road games in this in a row, but it's a necessary thing every now and then to prevent it being limited to a pool of the same 7 teams.

BBHawk

HR Legend
Oct 31, 2001
Iowa City
I disagree about them being respectable. They were just in trouble and only won 5 conference games.

GT used to be respectable, though.
It's not a directional school. It's a P5 school. And Iowa will need to be ready or they could lose.

HawkAssassin

HR MVP
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2016
Iowa
They made the tournament two years ago. But they only played 6 guys over 12 minutes a game highlighted by Alvarado. All 6 of those guys are now gone.

They have 1 or 2 former four stars, but they will be competing for the worst P5 team Iowa will play all year.

And to be honest, I kind of like having an easier opponent at home in between the games against Duke and so on. A chance to take a deep breathe.

Iowa's given themselves enough opportunities to pick up good wins.

Reactions: Ronman and BBHawk