ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks at preseason # 11

Ha! You wasted your time coming here on our Iowa site to disrespect us?

You need to take care of your sorry-assed 1-8 team in Lincoln before you come here telling Iowa how bad we are. LOL! Nebby is the JOKE of the B1G!
Meh, I see where Nebber won February-April yet again for like the 40th straight year or something. They just need to keep the sellout streak alive, Merry Christmas/Happy New Year, and it’ll be winning time all over again.

Meh, I see where Nebber won February-April yet again for like the 40th straight year or something. They just need to keep the sellout streak alive, Merry Christmas/Happy New Year, and it’ll be winning time all over again.
Yes, and they had their annual spring rules violation so Frost got that out of the way.

This fall's going to be great!

Did you know...@Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus, who's currently trying to disguise himself as @IowaFansRuinedBySkers ITT, tried to tell a bunch of posters he was an "elite military operator" for the air force?

He got caught in his stolen valor, BS lie through some basic questions and those guys remember when ever he tries to insinuate he was a veteran.

Even though he got totally humiliated, he still believes his own lie.

As a Nebraska fan, this is par for the course for him. Every year, these media outlets buy into the crap similar Nebraska fans try to sell.

Next...

How can I take such a half assed prediction seriously when this ill-informed journalist would get a low grade in a high school English class?

Maybe by the time people check the link some editor will have looked at it, but I doubt it. I had to read a few sentences five times before I understood what the hell this guy was trying to say.

“Let me know if you've heard this before. The Hawkeyes will go as far as its quarterback play will take them. That's because no program may before more frustratingly consistent than Iowa. The defense again looks like one of the best in the Big Ten. Defensive back Riley Moss and linebacker Jack Campbell will be two of the leaders. The offense, however, has to get out of the bottom half of the conference to go beyond just being very good team and that starts with Spencer Petras. A starter for the past two seasons, Petras hasn't been able to generate enough consistent big plays in the passing game to get the Hawkeyes past their difficult opponents. He'll have the benefit of tight end Sean LaPorta and a strong offensive line. Now he has to deliver.
I didn't know Sam LaPorta had a relative named Sean, nor that he was on the Hawkeye roster.

Yes, not sure where the USAToday people found out or saw that the hawks have a strong offensive line? I mean they were not strong overall last year or at least until most of the last 5 to 6 games.

I lose an all american and are unproven so that statement is just the pollsters own hype or impression. I hope they are very strong.
There is a very realistic scenario for significant improvement in the line play.

Obviously, the center position will have diminished play but the overall line play could get better.

Richman and Colby opened poorly but finished strong. Stephens and Davidkov are both likely to break through, especially if either is quick enough for tackle. Those guys will be good, and either or both could be really good. Elsbury is another guy now in his second year. Strictly betting a hunch but I think Davidkov will end up starting before mid season, indeed perhaps much sooner. Plumb just lacks the speed and I don't think he can hold off a better athlete and Davidkov is supposed to be that better athlete.

Possibly two good options at center. They won't be Lindy but they don't have to be, just be good players with an otherwise significantly more experienced group of linemen.

A variety of options that are all one year more experienced and hopefully a little harder and tougher.​

Interesting enough looking at other way too early top 25 CBS sports doesn't have Iowa even in it. ESPN had their original one and released a new one after spring ball with most of the transfers in place. We dropped from 15 to 25. Which I thought was odd because even though Iowa didn't add much we didn't lose anyone of significance. So basically these outlets put a lot of stock in transfer assuming they'll make a big difference. But just like some higher rated recruits we see decent amount come in and do nothing. I think Iowa is in the 17-25 range, 11 seems a tad too high.

Never stated it helped us..stating that Iowa has had easy scheduling for a long ass time. Iowa won't finish in the top 2 in the West this year so don't matter.

Little Debbie fans have nothing left but excuses and their Starter jackets.

Little Debbie. The official snack cake of the B1G.

b74af149d489babbeddc0534d3d0afcb.gif

Vegas does not like us.

No sense playing the games then.
Vegas rarely likes Iowa in anything.

D is in place and after all the ridicule the O line took last year my guess they should have an attitude this year. Or at least the better have. Tough getting baptized early on and learning what it takes live and watching film of it after.

"...behind a strong offensive line.."
If that statement is accurate, the #11 seems doable. If it's like early last years version, we will have issues.
The OL wasn't as big of an issue in the early part of the season...........

It's Big Ten play where Brian's entire offense decides to go on Fall break every other week.

Seems kind of high IMO, considering the offensive struggles last season and the likely step up in schedule difficulty. Our defense will keep us in most games, but we can't expect them to consistently score points for the team as well. I think Iowa finishes in the top 25 at year end, but it would be tough to break into and stay in the top 10 unless the offense makes significant progress.

Iowa talking about "easy schedule" is very rich. LMAO always weak ass schedule with lonely ISU and some MAC school. Finally have to play Ohio St
Hah! Last time Iowa played OSU they beat them by 27 points. When was the last time the huskers beat OSU? Or Iowa for that matter? They should put Bethune Cookman on the schedule every year to give Frosty a better chance to hit .500.

Hah! Last time Iowa played OSU they beat them by 27 points. When was the last time the huskers beat OSU? Or Iowa for that matter? They should put Bethune Cookman on the schedule every year to give Frosty a better chance to hit .500.
Ohio St has beaten Iowa 8/10 games...keep day dreaming about one game my goodness. You aren't on their level.

Iowa talking about "easy schedule" is very rich. LMAO always weak ass schedule with lonely ISU and some MAC school. Finally have to play Ohio St
You’re right. The Hawks DO have an easy schedule……they play Nebraska every year.
They must be the MAC school you are referring to.

3rd highest in B10 behind OSU and UM.
I can see OSU as a legit NC team - and definitely B1G # 1 - if they get that crappy defense from 2020 and 2021 figured out. They'll definitely have the best offense in the conference and probably the country. Saying that it's explosive is an understatement.

Michigan - at # 2 - is a different story. They took advantage of many breaks and close games they could have lost in 2021 - and, as mentioned - a very poor OSU defense which I don't see happening again with the new OSU defensive staff.

My prediction: it will be the Hawkeyes vs. OSU in the B1G championship game

Ohio St has beaten Iowa 8/10 games...keep day dreaming about one game my goodness. You aren't on their level.

You’re right Iowa isn’t on OSU’s level. Few are. However speaking of winning 8 of last 10 with that logic you are saying Nebraska isn’t on Iowa’s level then.
The last time Nebraska beat tOSU? Well the last time (and actually the only time!) that the Once Mighties won was in 2011, the Luke Fickell interim coaching year 34-27 in Lincoln when tOSU ended at a 6-7 season record, arguably the worst tOSU team since 1988 when they went 4-6-1.

Nebraska is currently 1-9 against tOSU all time. That's a 10% winning clip. At least Iowa's winning percentage against the Death Star is over 25%

The problem with these types of predictions is that they look at the talent, the schedule, whatever - and assume the team will play well.

Nebraska, under Frost, has not played well. They make too many mistakes. They are not well coached.

Iowa twice the odds to win the West v Nebby? It will require a dramatic change from the past.

ADVERTISEMENT