ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks cheated.

NCAA is praying that Bill Self gets a "condition" that makes him step away from the program. Then they can announce what they found but shrug and say they can't do anything to Self. Self comes back in time to announce a collaboration between Kansas and Chingy at Midnight Madness.

Reactions: IAGuy
Now that KU has received the response from the NCAA, the next step in the process will be to schedule a hearing before the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions or through the Independent Accountability Resolutions Process, which was formed in 2018 as a way to handle the more complex cases that emerged from the federal investigation into corruption in college basketball recruiting.

The IARP is a five-person panel of decision-makers who have no direct ties to the NCAA. Decisions that come from the IARP are final and no appeals are granted. It is not yet known when a hearing in KU’s case will take place or which body will conduct that hearing.

All told, the allegations carry potential punishments that could keep the basketball program from the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1989 and result in a long-term suspension for Self, in addition to scholarship losses and other penalties.

The Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP) is responsible for reviewing select complex infractions cases in Division I. The IARP was created in response to recommendations made by the Commission on College Basketball, chaired by former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

ANOTHER committee???

Seems like, if you cheat and get caught, you should get punished. We all know the punishment will pretty light, so why can't they just get on with it?

If Kansas gets any kind of punishment (and that's a very big "if") it will be so far removed from the reason for the punishment that it will seem arbitrary.

Reactions: MonmouthHawk
Since the NCAA has not teeth or perhaps scruples, I always wondered if a civil suit would be more successful. I doubt it but it would be epic with discovery and depositions.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT