141- LD 8-3
149- WD, very close, 11-3
157- WD, very close, 14-3
165- WMD 18-3
174- WMD 22-3
184- WD 25-3
197- LD 25-6
HWT- WMD 29-6

Need to have a little more energy than last Sat.
- Heinselman has been just awful lately. This could be Spencer's fastest tech yet.
- I also think think Desanto could tech too. Decatur has been know to have gas tank issues and sounds like he is pulling some weight to get to 133. Not a good combo when wrestling Desanto.
- 149 will be f#n to watch. Jrjt has done his research and says Sasso doesn't want any of that smoke ;)
- Young doesn't blow people away but I think it will be a very controlled 6-2 type of win for him at 57.

Last edited:
125- WTF 5-0
133- WD 8-0
141- LMD 8-4
149- LD 8-7
157- WD 11-7
165- WD 14-7
174- WD 17-7
184- WD 20-7
197- LD 20-10
HWT- WD 23-10
I agree with this, but I think 149 is a total toss up. Hoping for Lugo to win this one (he needs to) and I'm hoping Max can keep it close against Pletcher. Pletcher looks so much better this year than last. I don't see anyone beating him other than possibly Lee, and not even him as of now.

Reactions: andegre
I agree with this, but I think 149 is a total toss up. Hoping for Lugo to win this one (he needs to) and I'm hoping Max can keep it close against Pletcher. Pletcher looks so much better this year than last. I don't see anyone beating him other than possibly Lee, and not even him as of now.
Pletcher has looked phenomenal, but he is beatable. I'm not saying it will happen, but real woods, Nick Lee, and Dom demas all have a shot imo.

I agree with pretty much everything O.P said.

I think Spencer pins Malik unless Malik wrestles Spencer to not even score.

I think we absolutely could see a stall out match at 133 and Desanto get 6.

Pletcher majored Tristan Moran, so it’s possible he majors Murin but not likely. I agree w it’s just a decision here.

Sasso beat Lugo last year at Midlands, but unless Sasso explodes out to a big lead, I think Lugo avenges his loss from last year and pulls away in the 3rd.

Cleary will have the Stall Call section at Carver out in full effect. One those guys who likes to dance until the end of each period. He could hold this to a decision simply because of his style, not talent. I think he does.

I think E Smith could hold Marinelli to just a decision, will not beat him however, like zero chance . Has a win over McFadden and just wrestled Wick to a tough 7-4 decision. I’ll go with Marinelli by decision.

The only match I slightly disagree with is Kemerer majoring Romero. Romero has never been majored, tech’d or pinned in his college career, including redshirt season. A Kem Major would be a first, which is possible given Kem’s talent, just not likely IMO. Kem by decision.

Rocky Jordan is on a slight tear at his newfound 184 weight, coming off a tech and a win over the #11 guy in the country. Unfortunately Assad then beats Venz on Sat night, completely deflating any optimism that could have built up towards his chances in this matchup. I think Jordan has a ‘shot’ in this one, but at Carver I have Assad via decision.

Moore wins by decision, I don’t think he majors.

HWY Traub has been a feel good story for the Bucks, but is no match here . Keeps it to a decision tho I believe.

I believe that’s 30-6.

Last edited:
125-Tech 5-0
133- WBD 8-0
141- LBM 8-4
149- LBD 8-7
157- WBD 11-7
165 WBM 15-7
174 WBD 18-7
184 WBD 21-7
197 LBD 21-10
285 WBF 27-10

125 W-5 (5-0) Duh. Could be a pin...
133 W-4 (9-0) Gas him and go get the tech
141 L-3 (9-3) Will Max shoot?
149 W-3 (12-3) Toss Up ... Lugo needs to go early
157 W-3 (15-3) Show me some offense
165 W-3 (18-3) Want to say figure four pin
174 W-4 (22-3) Gets back to turning guys
184 W-3 (25-3) Could be real close... or not
197 L-6 (25-9) Need to see Moore from Warner
HWT W-3 (28-9) Gas Tank going to need track shoes

125 W-5 (5-0) Duh. Could be a pin...
133 W-4 (9-0) Gas him and go get the tech
141 L-3 (9-3) Will Max shoot?
149 W-3 (12-3) Toss Up ... Lugo needs to go early
157 W-3 (15-3) Show me some offense
165 W-3 (18-3) Want to say figure four pin
174 W-4 (22-3) Gets back to turning guys
184 W-3 (25-3) Could be real close... or not
197 L-6 (25-9) Need to see Moore from Warner
HWT W-3 (28-9) Gas Tank going to need track shoes
you think warner is going to get pinned by moore?

OSU wins at 141, 149 and 197. Does slightly better as a team than Nebraska but not by much. Bonus potential at 125 (iowa), 133 (Iowa), 141 (osu), 197 (osu) and 285 (Iowa)

Lee by tech 5-0
Desanto by Mdec 9-0
Pletcher by dec 9-3
Lugo by Dec 12-3
Young by Dec 15-3
Bull by Dec 18-3
Kem by Dec 21-3
Assad by Dec 24-3
Moore by MDec 24-7
Cass by fall 30-7!

Pletcher could get bonus pts, Lugo could get beat, Young,Bull and Kem could get bonus pts. But those are my predictions/thoughts.

Watched sasso quite a bit, looks like guys on here are going along with the flo guys on sasso hype. I don’t see a national champ outta him yet and def not picking against undefeated #1 at home Lugo. Even if Lugosi style drives me nuts, 5-3 lugo.

The 133 match should play right into ADS’ hands. He’s a bad match up at this point for Decatur. It’ll get testy early and Jordan could score early with his explosiveness. The more aggressive he gets the more ADS will go into “lunatic mode” and domination will commence. Guys that have success against ADS have wrestled him very tight and not tried to open up too much with him. Jordan hasn’t developed his D-1 defense yet and hasn’t shown that his gas tank can compete in the 3rd with guys like ADS. He faded against Alvarez of Rutgers, who doesn’t push the pace anywhere near the level of ADS. 5 or 6 for ADS.

Even with the biggest tOSU homer outlook ever..... even their (Ohio State’s) best case scenario IMO still wouldn’t be enough. And that’s with everything going their way.

Before I get cussed at, again understand I’m giving u Ohio State’s BEST CASE scenario here and it’s still not enough...

125 Lee TF Heinselman 5-0
133 Desanto D Decatur 8-0
141 Pletcher MD Murin 8-4
149 Sasso P Lugo 8-10
157 Young D Cleary 11-10
165 Marinelli D Smith 14-10
174 Kem D Romero 17-10
184 Jordan D Assad 17-13
197 Moore MD Warner 17-17
HWY Cass D Traub 20-17

You guys have the most complete lineup I can remember. Even without Eierman... with it’s a joke.

- Heinselman has been just awful lately. This could be Spencer's fastest tech yet.
- I also think think Desanto could tech too. Decatur has been know to have gas tank issues and sounds like he is pulling some weight to get to 133. Not a good combo when wrestling Desanto.
- 149 will be f#n to watch. Jrjt has done his research and says Sasso doesn't want any of that smoke ;)
- Young doesn't blow people away but I think it will be a very controlled 6-2 type of win for him at 57.

Even with the biggest tOSU homer outlook ever..... even their (Ohio State’s) best case scenario IMO still wouldn’t be enough. And that’s with everything going their way.

Before I get cussed at, again understand I’m giving u Ohio State’s BEST CASE scenario here and it’s still not enough...

125 Lee TF Heinselman 5-0
133 Desanto D Decatur 8-0
141 Pletcher MD Murin 8-4
149 Sasso P Lugo 8-10
157 Young D Cleary 11-10
165 Marinelli D Smith 14-10
174 Kem D Romero 17-10
184 Jordan D Assad 17-13
197 Moore MD Warner 17-17
HWY Cass D Traub 20-17

You guys have the most complete lineup I can remember. Even without Eierman... with it’s a joke.

Best case would be 60-0 tOSU, all 1st period pins. Sasso pinning Lugo is laughable. As stated they went OT last time. I can’t remember the last time Lugo lost by fall, or even gave up bonus. There will be some great, closely contested matches and Iowa will lose some of them. Fortunately tOSU needs a lot of their wrestlers who aren’t wrestling very well to upset Hawks who are.

Best case would be 60-0 tOSU, all 1st period pins. Sasso pinning Lugo is laughable. As stated they went OT last time. I can’t remember the last time Lugo lost by fall, or even gave up bonus. There will be some great, closely contested matches and Iowa will lose some of them. Fortunately tOSU needs a lot of their wrestlers who aren’t wrestling very well to upset Hawks who are.
Lugo has 30 career losses. 29 by decision and 1 loss by fall. His freshman year at the NCAA tournament against Zain Retherford

He pretty clearly stated that this was best case scenario, not what was likely. Sasso is a pinner, specifically with a nearside cradle defending a high crotch in the crackdown. What is Lugo's go-to attack? A high crotch with a crackdown finish. It will be strength on strength. It's not inconceivable that Lugo makes a split second mistake and gets cradled.

I think he'll be fine, but I'll be holding my breath every time they get to that position. It's a dangerous place to be.

Reactions: BFosr1
He pretty clearly stated that this was best case scenario, not what was likely. Sasso is a pinner, specifically with a nearside cradle defending a high crotch in the crackdown. What is Lugo's go-to attack? A high crotch with a crackdown finish. It will be strength on strength. It's not inconceivable that Lugo makes a split second mistake and gets cradled.

I think he'll be fine, but I'll be holding my breath every time they get to that position. It's a dangerous place to be.

And I even more clearly stated that the BEST case scenario for the Buckeyes would be 60-0 all first period pins. Not likely. Lugo is a Senior who has never been stuck as a Hawk, so to include him getting stuck as a “best case scenario” is silly IMHO. One can make reasonable arguments, like Sasso has a good shot at upsetting the undefeated Lugo based on XYZ as best case scenario arguments.

Watched sasso quite a bit, looks like guys on here are going along with the flo guys on sasso hype. I don’t see a national champ outta him yet and def not picking against undefeated #1 at home Lugo. Even if Lugosi style drives me nuts, 5-3 lugo.

Lugo is one of the worst #1s in recent memory. Sasso beats him again IMO, though not upset if I am wrong, just being a realist.

Edit* speaking about #1 ranked guys

Reactions: NittanyChris
125: Pin 6-0
133: stall out 12-0
141: 12-4
149: Dec 15-4
157: Dec 18-4
165: Dec 21-4
174: Dec 24-4
184: Dec 27-4
197: 27-7
HWT: Dec 30-7

Hard to get up for Nebraska, ain't hard to get up for Ohio State in front of 13K+

Lee pin 6-0
Desanto MD 10-0
Pletcher dec 10-3
Lugo dec 13-3
Young dec 16-3
Bull MD 20-3
Kem MD 24-3
Assad dec 27-3
Moore 27-6
Cass dec 30-6

If Iowa holds tOSU to <10 points, I will consider this another shellacking against a ranked team. Further, I predict pins at 125, 165, and Hwt, as well as a major at 133. This would be as specific as I can get.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT