ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks out of latest AP poll

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
latest AP Top 25.

Wow, and I am kinda glad they are because they can show week by week why they should belong so we will let the playing serve as our talking and why we should be in the latest poll.. even more of a shock is Wisconsin dropping down to #19? They were considered a top #10 team the entire off season... that’s what happens when you join the party late I guess ..

25. Memphis
24. Pittsburgh
23. Michigan
22. BYU
21. Tennessee
20. LSU
19. Wisconsin
18. Oklahoma
17. Oklahoma State
16. Mississippi State
15. Cincinnati
14. Oregon
13. Texas A&M
12. North Carolina
11. Central Florida
10. Penn State
9. Texas
8. Miami
7. Auburn
6. Ohio State (four first-place votes)
5. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
3. Florida
2. Alabama (three first-place votes)
1. Clemson (55 first-place votes)

latest AP Top 25.

Wow, and I am kinda glad they are because they can show week by week why they should belong so we will let the playing serve as our talking and why we should be in the latest poll.. even more of a shock is Wisconsin dropping down to #19? They were considered a top #10 team the entire off season... that’s what happens when you join the party late I guess ..

25. Memphis
24. Pittsburgh
23. Michigan
22. BYU
21. Tennessee
20. LSU
19. Wisconsin
18. Oklahoma
17. Oklahoma State
16. Mississippi State
15. Cincinnati
14. Oregon
13. Texas A&M
12. North Carolina
11. Central Florida
10. Penn State
9. Texas
8. Miami
7. Auburn
5. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
3. Florida
These early polls are even more meaningless than the typical year ....

With the way everything is so staggered for when all of the conferences are having their seasons and how many games they're playing, and they have little bearing on the CFP, not sure why they're bothering with the polls this season. A school like Iowa most likely won't have a chance to crack the top 25 until they've played a game. And, if they do enter the top 25, how much of a ceiling will they be allowed by the panelists after teams from other conferences have wrapped up their seasons?

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
I love how Ohio State is getting 1st place votes. As if Ohio State isn't going to suffer from the same crappy play other schools have had to deal with since there was no spring or summer program.

The National Championship is meaningless this year. I'm just going to try and enjoy Iowa this year and not really care about the other stuff too much.

Note: No guarantee I won't change my mind if Iowa jumps out to a 6-0 start or something, though.

latest AP Top 25.

25. Memphis
24. Pittsburgh
23. Michigan
22. BYU
21. Tennessee
20. LSU
19. Wisconsin
18. Oklahoma
17. Oklahoma State
16. Mississippi State
15. Cincinnati
14. Oregon
13. Texas A&M
12. North Carolina
11. Central Florida
10. Penn State
9. Texas
8. Miami
7. Auburn
5. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
3. Florida
FYI....a dozen or so of the voters didn't put the B10 back in their polls this week....once all do then the B10 teams should rise

Just silly. I figured they wouldn't bother putting B1G teams in until they start playing.

As others said. Polls are more meaningless than ever this year

Hawks and Gophers among the "others receiving votes" in both polls. Also receiving four votes in the coaches poll are the Cornholers. I guess that means Frost ranked them at 22.

A & M had a struggle win against Vanderbilt and is sitting at 13. That should tell you all you need to know about the polls at the moment!

ADVERTISEMENT