ADVERTISEMENT

****Hawks @ Spartans Game Thread****

Molly is a smoke show

molly-mcgrath.jpg

I noticed that too. They usually talk to the coach of the team that's ahead going into the break, and the coach of the team that's trailing coming out of the break. But it's Izzo, so he gets special treatment. And I seriously doubt Izzo will get fined for bitching about the refs. Again, special treatment.
ESPN probably has no clue who is ahead..

if so, wouldn't that be something the coaches should notice either in practice or on film?

I agree they should, and maybe they are. It might be because of the defensive pressure he’s feeling like he needs more space. It’s absolutely part of the problem.

Absolutely embarrassing Izzo whining about ‘touch fouls’ on Tillman is the only reason Garza scored. What a freaking loser and he gets away with chastising the refs on national TV.

Not a damn thing will be done.

I can’t recall another team that talks back to their coach like MSU. Probably rightfully so, but you just don’t see it, in any sport.

I've seen this game from Izzo too much before. Has his players purposely pick up fouls in the 1st half, so he can complain about it during his halftime interview knowing the refs will be forced to essentially quit calling fouls on his players in the 2nd half.
Yeah, there's a solid chance Iowa doesn't end up in the bonus until very late in the 2nd half if at all, and that we never end up in the double bonus.

Tillman got called for a moving screen for his first foul. They had just called that on Kriener so to me they were just focusing on that, a little ticky-tack but it happens every game. Tillman's second foul was legit, he shoved Pemsl after Pemsl secured the rebound causing Pemsl to lose his balance, AKA legit foul.

Try posting up Weiskamp. Might be what he needs to get going. He's been crap so far, even missed a layup. Amazing this team has been doing as well as it has with Weiskamp in a four-game slump. Pemsl, Bakari, Connor, Joe T. picking up the slack so far. Good D for the most part, too. Impressive to hold MSU under 30 at half on the road.

That was a real solid half from the Hawks.
If Weezy gets going and we stay focused - we’ve got a shot!!!

I've seen this game from Izzo too much before. Has his players purposely pick up fouls in the 1st half, so he can complain about it during his halftime interview knowing the refs will be forced to essentially quit calling fouls on his players in the 2nd half.

This exactly. Tillman will have one foul called the entire 2nd half, Garza will pick up two quick fouls (one offensive on a Tillman flop), and Sparty will find their groove from 3 before Garza can come back in.

Absolutely need to keep up the shooting from Joe T and Connor, Bakari stay aggressive, and need need NEED JW to find his shot again.

Try posting up Weiskamp. Might be what he needs to get going. He's been crap so far, even missed a layup. Amazing this team has been doing as well as it has with Weiskamp in a four-game slump. Pemsl, Bakari, Connor, Joe T. picking up the slack so far. Good D for the most part, too. Impressive to hold MSU under 30 at half on the road.

I don’t get it with Joe W. Think he needs CJ in the game with him.

Reactions: Eternal Return
We're hanging in there but we need Joe W to find his shot in the second half. Very clear we are not bothered by the crowd. We have not been to the line all that much we have to hit them when we are.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT