ADVERTISEMENT

****Hawks @ Spartans Game Thread****

Wasn't expecting a win but it was there for the taking. Disjointed offense and absolutely no Joe W in the second half, like they had no idea what to do. Oh well, can still play for the double bye hopefully.

It wasn’t the refs, folks.
Sure it is. Absolutely a huge factor. What isn’t called on an every-possession basis is as much a factor, and regarding MSU maybe more of a factor, than what is called.

Freedom of movement. Lol.

Reactions: And1Hawk
“Iowa has been in the bonus for awhile but hasn’t really taken advantage of it.”

story of the game. Pass it to Garza!

Supporting cast played their butt off again.

Joe W gave us nothing. He’s 2-15 from 3 last four games. He needs CJ back more than anyone.

The refs didn’t cost us this game. Our second leading scorer having 2 pts on FTs did.

Not going to get calls on the road!! Especially in East Lansing!! You have to make shots and take care of the ball....same story with every FM team! Can’t play defense, can’t rebound, and just out coached!!

Weezy! Whatever Broad or Weed your smoking get off it and get back in the Gym. You will have plenty of time for that stuff later.

Last edited:
Nice job Fran. Play Pemsl and sit Kriener and site Joe T for most of the second half. Kriener and Joe T are more capable scorers than Pemsl and Evelyn. Play Evelyn and Joe T and sit Wieskamp.
He took Kriener out because he picked up his 4th foul. Not sure why joe t hasn’t been in for so long. Guy plays better d then bakari and bakari has turned it over plenty.

Reactions: Bigfann1966
Izzo runs this conference. It’s embarrassing how physical his teams get to play, embarrassing how he whines until the game is reffed to his liking.

Izzo knows the refs are eventually going to have to stop calling fouls in the game....he makes sure they get those fouls in during the 1st half. That allows his team to do as they please in the 2nd half.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Lol. Ok. Great substance
I wasn’t going for substance. Clearly. Hoping for 1-3 finish because we lost at a place we’ve won like three times in a long ass time?

What kind of posts are you looking for? “It got awfully quiet here” is some troll sh**. Maybe stop relishing in Iowa’s losses, although I’m sure it excites you to be able to bag on the team

Reactions: Tunadog
Foul on MSU and the camera immediately goes to izzo and he’s telling the ref what’s gonna happen. Why is that puke allowed to have such an impact on how games are officiated.
We're really going to blame another game on the refs? Our basketball fans are starting to look like Nebraska football fans. It's embarrassing. We got beat by a better team on a given night. Sun will come up tomorrow.

Reactions: Ihawkhoops
Not going to get calls on the road!! Especially in East Lansing!! You have to make shots and take care of the ball....same story with every FM team! Can’t play defense, can’t rebound, and just out coached!!
Just think his lineup decisions are very, very subpar.

Evelyn should NOT have been in over Touissant for all those late minutes.

He took Kriener out because he picked up his 4th foul. Not sure why joe t hasn’t been in for so long. Guy plays better d then bakari and bakari has turned it over plenty.

Joe T picked up his 3rd foul and was yanked. I personally think he sat to long but it was understandable why he sat.

I understand but play your best players until they foul out. Pemsl is a turnover machine and has 0 offense. Pissed this one way with nothing resembling offense under 5 minutes.

We're really going to blame another game on the refs? Our basketball fans are starting to look like Nebraska football fans. It's embarrassing. We got beat by a better team on a given night. Sun will come up tomorrow.

No. This game was lost because we are missing CJF and Weezy tonight....only one was physically out of the game

Before you start calling the Iowa staff and players names, keep in mind who and where they are playing and under what circumstances. We have seen one of the most game displays of toughness from any Iowa team.

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0

Oh yeah, I forgot about the different set of rules for the road team.

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0
A depleted Iowa roster playing a less than stellar game at MSU against Izzo and the 8 best he can put on the floor at a time and play it down to the wire? This team has a lot to be excited about.

Reactions: FlintTown and TDJ7
Exactly. The thing is is it works in the Big Ten, but once it comes NCAA Tournament time it doesn't work that way anymore....that's why Michigan State doesn't make the deep run in the tournament anymore.
And I can see this Iowa team going deep with CJ.

I wasn’t going for substance. Clearly. Hoping for 1-3 finish because we lost at a place we’ve won like three times in a long ass time?

What kind of posts are you looking for? “It got awfully quiet here” is some troll sh**. Maybe stop relishing in Iowa’s losses, although I’m sure it excites you to be able to bag on the team
Trust me, I'm more connected to this team than you. Just recommend you stop the knee jerk reactions. We are what we are. Remember what everyone thought before the season. I'm proud that we've over achieved especially with the adversity.

Before you start calling the Iowa staff and players names, keep in mind who and where they are playing and under what circumstances. We have seen one of the most game displays of toughness from any Iowa team.

Absolutely. Under the circumstances, hard to win this game. But damn, it was there for the taking. To big scoring slumps in the 2nd half killed us

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT