ADVERTISEMENT

Heads of FBI, MI5 Issue Joint Warning on Chinese Spying

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
China Spying

So are the China apologist going to tell me it is OK for China to do large scale cybertheft? Give me a fricking break.

Officials say Beijing employs large-scale hacking and global network of agents to steal Western technology​

LONDON—The heads of the FBI and Britain’s domestic security service issued sharply worded warnings to business leaders about the threats posed by Chinese espionage, especially spying aimed at stealing Western technology companies’ intellectual property.

In a rare joint appearance on Wednesday at the headquarters of MI5, Christopher Wray, director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Ken McCallum, director-general of MI5, urged executives not to underestimate the scale and sophistication of Beijing’s campaign.

“The Chinese government is set on stealing your technology—whatever it is that makes your industry tick—and using it to undercut your business and dominate your market,” Mr. Wray told the audience of business people. “They’re set on using every tool at their disposal to do it.”
China uses state-sponsored hacking on a large scale along with a global network of intelligence operatives in its quest to gain access to technology it considers important, Messrs. Wray and McCallum said.

I don't know, I think they are misunderstood. Let's send them another billion dollars so we can test ourselves for a virus that came from their country and make sure they are well supplied with oil to make sure they don't experience any hardship....

"China apologist"? Who TF on this board defends China?
While I think "China apologist" is a bit of a stretch I had to pull teeth to get people to admit the covid virus came from china and people on here wayyyyy more conlmfortable calling it the Trump virus than the China virus.

Universities have some culpability here. Bring in prc students in areas of interest to prc plan at full freight tuition to subsidize others. Students go to work at us companies for a few years where they get access to us trade secrets, etc. when they go back, their Chinese employers’ production quotas are such that the only way they can hit them is by disclosing us opco secrets.

Sure would be nice if our governments wouldn't just leave it up to these businesses to take care of it on their own. It is proving to be a national security risk as a result. Maybe some sort of policies to eliminate our dependence on them. But, all of these are acceptable losses for businesses so they can things made for half the cost of what it costs to make in the US.

Reactions: mattymoknows
Companies are very short sighted when doing business with China... China will steal everything they've got...
Samuel Slater was lionized in my middle school American history book for memorizing the loom design at the textile plant he worked at in Britain, and then implementing those designs here upon immigrating.

Reactions: NoleATL
Samuel Slater was lionized in my middle school American history book for memorizing the loom design at the textile plant he worked at in Britain, and then implementing those designs here upon immigrating.
The story of Britain stealing China's tea industry is a good one too.

China is a little too much here though. They're stealing everything in the world they can get their hands on. The entire world needs to cut them off from civilization.

Reactions: NoleATL
ADVERTISEMENT