ADVERTISEMENT

Heads up for next FB season

god-dammit-harrison-yates.gif

I honestly do not understand why anybody would delude themselves into thinking it actually might happen.

Not sure why this is on the OT board but I was hopeful that Kirk would realize we might be better if we scored more offensive touchdowns.

More importantly, KF's strategy is all about ball control and eating the clock. We can't physically do that when you can't get a first down.

Not sure why this is on the OT board but I was hopeful that Kirk would realize we might be better if we scored more offensive touchdowns.

More importantly, KF's strategy is all about ball control and eating the clock. We can't physically do that when you can't get a first down.

a) with regards to here on OT, other boards beaten to death so much posters are kinda over it.

b) I guarantee Kirk knows that they need more production, but he is sort of hemmed in with regards to Brian.

c) Agree 100% on his style of play. I simply believe he believes it ain't the concepts/playcalling etc and a simple lack of talent.

I am of the opinion that their system can work today but it requires a very large influx of top end talent (better...everything positionally) to do so - yet a vicious cycle has set in of prospective players seeing the results and concluding "I'm not going there" is the result.

So here we all are, we Hawk fans (and the program) are just sort of stuck here in a shade over neutral. The irony is the style of play helps the defense greatly that for some ungodly reason they still manage to at least not have absolute catastrophies of seasons.

Frustrating...and that's what I fear will be what it will take for Kirk to step away. A 1-11 type season. A Hayden Fry's last year kinda thing.

Reactions: mattymoknows
Means very little at the moment......Football season is 8 months away......There are lots of staff changes happening in football and until all the pieces settle, nothing is set in stone.
If there are "changes" are made does that mean that Iowa won't run stretch plays and off tackle dives? Over throw passes? The QB won't get sacked?

I know many folks don't wanna hear this but this season was a "bummer"....a damn "failure" for many....and Iowa won 8 of their 13 games......in my years at Iowa, I don't think Iowa won 13 games, period.
As Lord Hayden was fond of saying......"You are never a good as you think you are.........but then, you're never as bad as you think, either."

Means very little at the moment......Football season is 8 months away......There are lots of staff changes happening in football and until all the pieces settle, nothing is set in stone.
If there are "changes" are made does that mean that Iowa won't run stretch plays and off tackle dives? Over throw passes? The QB won't get sacked?

I know many folks don't wanna hear this but this season was a "bummer"....a damn "failure" for many....and Iowa won 8 of their 13 games......in my years at Iowa, I don't think Iowa won 13 games, period.
As Lord Hayden was fond of saying......"You are never a good as you think you are.........but then, you're never as bad as you think, either."

Our offense is as bad as we think. Apparently it’s much worse than KF thinks…

I was not joking when I started the thread asking the Noles how next year looks. I’ll be spending my Saturdays watching FSU as my newly adopted team. Fvcking disgusting the power Barta has allowed Kirk to wield over the program.
This is where I am as well. I think I’m taking a little break from Iowa sports for a while. Other things to do. Lots of music to learn. Go Noles.

I think this means there are grounds for U of I President to fire Barta.

What evaluations have been put to paper by Gary of Brian? If he has supervision over Brian, he should be the one to fire him.

If Kirk wants to take his ball and go home....so be it. There IS ABSOLUTELY NO ACCOUNTABILITY for Brian's failures.

Any one of us would be fired in our respective jobs for being on of the two worst in our trades.

I was not joking when I started the thread asking the Noles how next year looks. I’ll be spending my Saturdays watching FSU as my newly adopted team. Fvcking disgusting the power Barta has allowed Kirk to wield over the program.

With the recent move, I think I’m going to start hitting up USC games. Much more exciting football, not to mention after next year I get to catch Big Ten teams in LA.

Barta was supposed to step in and do his job.
And show us all that it wasn’t a joke that Brian actually reported to him, instead of his father.
But, he failed us.
It takes two. One to tell the lie, and one to believe it. We all knew that Barta was not going to be Brian’s boss.

Next to last in the country. There is no spinning that.
LOL. When you’ve won 58 percent of your games as a head coach, then you can question Kirk. Until such a time sit there and praise Kirk from whom all football blessings flow.

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
ADVERTISEMENT