ADVERTISEMENT

Heard something very dumb today.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Guy at store in front of me asked for 10 Mega Million tickets. Lady said “not powerball”. He said “correct”. I said “who needs 2 billion?” and he laughed. Out of the blue another lady said, “I agree with him! This is the perfect time to play MM with everyone else playing the powerball…help your chances!”

All I could think of was this commercial/ gif…and telling the csb here.
thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.gif

If by some crazy reason no one wins this drawing…we are starting to get into the territory where buying all the number combinations may be a net positive ROI…..as long as you don’t split….that’s the gamble….

Reactions: noleclone2
If by some crazy reason no one wins this drawing…we are starting to get into the territory where buying all the number combinations may be a net positive ROI…..as long as you don’t split….that’s the gamble….
Might have to set it to quick pick only.

While in line yesterday I grabbed the slip to fill out my own numbers. Decided it was a waste of time and to just do the Quick picks. The guy behind me said it is much better to use your own numbers….

• Haha
Reactions: Lindemann
It's been that way for weeks. There's 292 million combos. You could split it 3 ways, take the cash option and still come out tens of millions ahead on your investment.

All you need is $292 million today to buy the tix (not sure they'd actually sell them to you that way at the powerball HQ even if you rolled up with 4 brinks trucks full of cash)

It's been that way for weeks. There's 292 million combos. You could split it 3 ways, take the cash option and still come out tens of millions ahead on your investment.

All you need is $292 million today to buy the tix (not sure they'd actually sell them to you that way at the powerball HQ even if you rolled up with 4 brinks trucks full of cash)
Tickets are $2 right? It would take nearly $600 million I believe

My favorite is seeing all of the dumb people talking about how if they just gave everyone in the world that money, everyone would be millionaires. I've seen multiple variations of that in reference to the wealth of the mega rich like Musk or Bezos. Math is hard.

I worked with a guy who told me he only plays when the jackpot was low because his chances are better to win with less people playing. I explained how that want accurate. I don’t know if he believed me or not.

• Wow
Reactions: West Duval Nole
So, if I were to spend my paycheck this week to buy all the combinations, would I have to sit there and fill in a slip for every combination?

I once heard a woman say that she wished she had $2000 so she could afford to play every combination and be guaranteed to win.

I am not making that up.
Sounds like AOC saying a billionaire could give a billion people a million bucks.

Reactions: goldmom
Look out bitches Elon Musk is about to buy all of the lotto combos!

That would be such an awesome Mr. Burns evil thing to do. Does it because he knows he can clear like 26 thousand bucks on it.
It would be funny, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the logistics of purchasing every combo even if you had the funds to do it. How would this even be accomplished?

It would be funny, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the logistics of purchasing every combo even if you had the funds to do it. How would this even be accomplished?
You couldn't because you need to fill out a card for each one. You'd need a stadium full of people working around the clock for days to get even close to it.

"Hi!, I'd like 292 Million quick picks with non-repeating occurrence of numbers!"
cashier with a dead look in their eyes and no emotion in their voice ... "Im going to have to call the manager."

Looks like there was at least one winning ticket sold but they haven’t said where.

"Hi!, I'd like 292 Million quick picks with non-repeating occurrence of numbers!"
cashier with a dead look in their eyes and no emotion in their voice ... "Im going to have to call the manager."
How long would it take for a single machine to print that many tickets? Not sure there is enough time before the next drawing. Especially if it runs out of ink and/or paper.

So you would probably have to manually fill out all the combos somehow and then get a whole bunch of people to hit a few different locations to do it.

Unless the lotto office has a way to just do a wild card ticket of all- all- all-..., similar to when betting on dogs or horses.

How long would it take for a single machine to print that many tickets? Not sure there is enough time before the next drawing. Especially if it runs out of ink and/or paper.

So you would probably have to manually fill out all the combos somehow and then get a whole bunch of people to hit a few different locations to do it.

Unless the lotto office has a way to just do a wild card ticket of all- all- all-..., similar to when betting on dogs or horses.
I'm in a lottery pool and one of the guys is in North Carolina where you can do it all online.

• Wow
Reactions: West Duval Nole
ADVERTISEMENT