ADVERTISEMENT

Heat today

QChawks

HB King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
How do you think it will affect today's game plan?

I'm thinking deeper rotation than a normal first game.

I could also see the Hawks slowing this game down instead of trying to push the tempo.

I'm thinking when they need 5 yards for a first down, greg davis and kf will call a three yard out of bounds to help the guys keep rested, and not get too winded.

Reactions: TunzaHawk
Its supposed to be in the 90's so down on the field it will be 100 degrees. Could help Iowa with their depth.

I just most fans take it easy and there are not emergencies in the stands. A couple years ago vs NIU there were about 3-4 people around us who got heat exhaustion and had to be taken out.

I was getting provisions about 10:45 and on the radio they said the temp on field was between 122 and 125.

I was getting provisions about 10:45 and on the radio they said the temp on field was between 122 and 125.

Just said they were able to fry an egg on a sheet of foil on the field. Must be hot! Quite opposite of what I'm feeling here in Portland area. It's been pretty warm lately but the last few days it's been getting a lot colder here. This morning I was needing to get the house warmed up and checked the thermostat and found out I needed to change the batteries on it so that the heater would kick in and get the temps out of the 60's... Part of me wishes we had more natural warm weather you have there, but part of me is thankful I'm not cooking either.

Just said they were able to fry an egg on a sheet of foil on the field. Must be hot! Quite opposite of what I'm feeling here in Portland area. It's been pretty warm lately but the last few days it's been getting a lot colder here. This morning I was needing to get the house warmed up and checked the thermostat and found out I needed to change the batteries on it so that the heater would kick in and get the temps out of the 60's... Part of me wishes we had more natural warm weather you have there, but part of me is thankful I'm not cooking either.
Not bad today, nice breeze up high

Much better in the stands than I expected. Very nice breeze and I really wasn't sweating much at all. Very warm walk to and from the stadium though. Glad I went today. I took my sons (9 and 7) and I was worried they'd be miserable. Very good first game of the year.

Sitting in the north stands is not for the weak of heart, as we look directly into the sun the entire game for an 11:00 AM start. Today was no exception. The breeze was too infrequent, but the free water refill stations were vital, as was the half price bottled water at $2 each. Kudos to Barta and staff for that. The misting station in the NE corner was a joke, but the tub of ice WITH towels was very welcome. The staff had trouble keeping the water barrels filled, due to high demand. But they busted their butts and stayed on top of it. Otherwise it would have been a miserable experience. Was shocked at how many fans brought little babies to this game. Very irresponsible.
I was in KC for the 2000 Eddie Robinson Classic against KSU. Today was freaking hot, but nothing like that day 15 years ago. Closest thing to zombies walking around that I've encountered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT