ADVERTISEMENT

Heflin signs with Packers, Brandon Smith with Cowboys

So unless I'm forgetting someone that means every Iowa player that entered the draft ended up on a team, right?

Not very familiar with this process, but are these contracts short-lived? Are these practice squad-type contracts? B. Smith one of my favorite WRs we've had so I hope he gets to stick on a roster and make a living in the NFL.

All should have returned for another year. Everyone of them would likely have been drafted in 2022. Hope the coaches use this as a lesson for players moving forward. Nixon to the 5th, Jackson Undrafted..... etc. Bad decisions abound.
They'll never learn because they are Iowa athletes and Iowa can't have nice things. It's engraved into every Iowa athlete and they always look back on their time here wondering "how couldn't they win a championship?".....well that's because you all f***ing left for the pros.

But f*** no, we can't blame you, can we

:D :D :D :D :D :D

So unless I'm forgetting someone that means every Iowa player that entered the draft ended up on a team, right?

Not very familiar with this process, but are these contracts short-lived? Are these practice squad-type contracts? B. Smith one of my favorite WRs we've had so I hope he gets to stick on a roster and make a living in the NFL.
Did Duncan participate in pro day?

Did Duncan participate in pro day?

Yes.

13 draft-eligble former Hawkeyes went through drills.

On offense:
ISM
Brandon Smith (was a freak at the HOA Comine in Miami)
Mekhi Sargent (was offensive MVP of Hula Bowl)
Shaun Beyer
Alaric Jackson
Coy Cronk
Cole Banwart

On defense:
Daviyon Nixon (B1G Defensive POY)
Chauncey Golston
Jack Heflin
Barrington Wade
Nick Niemann (started 21 games)

On Special Teams:
Keith Duncan

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Jackson should stick in LA....plenty of vegan cuisine options.;)
More than likely cost him Millions$! Poor advice from somebody, 2yrs ago was being talked about as a late 1st early 2nd with Wirfs then decided to try and get healthy and lose 50LBS(exaggeration). Should've waited for 10 yrs and stayed huge then lose the weight. Horrible advice. He'll be fine now though and make a roster for a long time.

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
Yes.

13 draft-eligble former Hawkeyes went through drills.

On offense:
ISM
Brandon Smith (was a freak at the HOA Comine in Miami)
Mekhi Sargent (was offensive MVP of Hula Bowl)
Shaun Beyer
Alaric Jackson
Coy Cronk
Cole Banwart

On defense:
Daviyon Nixon (B1G Defensive POY)
Chauncey Golston
Jack Heflin
Barrington Wade
Nick Niemann (started 21 games)

On Special Teams:
Keith Duncan
Did Barrington Wade get signed?

If Brandon Smith can be a monster on special teams, I could see him making it as 5th or 6th WR

For a lot of these guys I think be successful first season as long as they make the practice squad which NFL has expanded how many guys can be on it now. Maybe get lucky with injuries at their position and make it up to the active roster. A good example of a guy taking advantage of practice squad first 2 years playing in a few games and steadily improving to making the 53 is Allen Lazard with the Packers.

For a lot of these guys I think be successful first season as long as they make the practice squad which NFL has expanded how many guys can be on it now. Maybe get lucky with injuries at their position and make it up to the active roster. A good example of a guy taking advantage of practice squad first 2 years playing in a few games and steadily improving to making the 53 is Allen Lazard with the Packers.
Yes, Lazard is playing at a high level for Green Bay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT