ADVERTISEMENT

Heinz 57 steak sauce

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Last edited:
Never had it before and bought it in a lark. I know the HROTinatti will laugh it out if the building but it was a nice change of pace to tonight. Csb

I usually don't do a steak sauce unless the steak ends up overcooked or chewy/not as good of a cut as I thought. Then I break out the H&P or Peter Luger's sauce both of which you should be able to find in a big grocery store (Peter Luger is usually refrigerated with the meat and H&P is usually with the British stuff).

We grew up without a lot. I used to spread a little H57 on bread and eat a couple slices for a meal. It has good flavor.

These are safe additives that make a slightly burned steak taste great. What’s wrong with that?

While I appreciate the support my man, the steak was not burned. Perfectly uniform 133 degrees sous vide and finished at 650 on the grill flipping frequently.

I grew up on bad steaks so I use steak sauce (mostly A1) on most steaks I cook. When I go out, I always order filet and I never use steak sauce on those. I will admit that I am not great at grilling steaks or burgers.

Honestly looking at the back of the bottle many of the ingredients are the same...

ADVERTISEMENT