ADVERTISEMENT

Hell of a win

A great game. This is a mentally tough team and a lot of fun to watch. This is a team that is capable of getting stops when we fall behind. That hasn’t been the case in recent years.

The chemistry on this team looks outstanding looking from the outside.

Teams play as hard as their best player. Garza sets the standard for this team and they follow his lead. The silver lining with the injuries is that Fran has been forced to shorten the bench and those who play understand their roles.

Spot on!

This team is super tough but also cocky. I’m starting to think the two go hand in hand.
No doubt. I’m tired of the Iowa Nice teams that put their heads down and go about their business. There has been a substantial and awesome culture shift. And you can see it starting to rub off on guys like Wieskamp. Joe’s playing with more confidence than I’ve seen from him in ever

It isn't necessary to be obnoxious about it, but in basketball as in life, you have to meet the competition. When the opponent is in their face, these Hawkeyes respond in kind. And when the opponent gets physical, Iowa gives as good as it gets. And that's a key ingredient that sets this team apart from just about every other team Fran has had. This team has excellent talent, but it's the attitude that is making the difference.

Great kids who work hard, have talent, and absolutely refuse to back down. That's who these Hawkeyes are. And it's beautiful.

This is the most talented team Fran has had. Garzilla is obviously great. CJ and Joe W are outstanding all around players, score inside and out, get boards, steals-very good players.

CMac is a tough all around player. Not much of a scorer but does other things very well. Joe T is a tenacious defender, as are CJ and CMac. Joe T 's trajectory looks like its adding some penetration to the offense-and time will bring more. Luka has learned how to eat up defensive space.

They're also mentally tough. Not missing the front ends that snatched so many defeats from victory in the Woody/Ute/Mikey G years. Not paralyzed with indecision in crucial situations-because we have good players with good smart instincts.

Love the fight, they do not back down.

Last edited:
CJ started to step up as a leader, even over Weiskamp.
they seemed about equally impressive to me, but cj sure does seem more active hunting for his spot.
then again....joe took more shots in less minutes than Cj, so what the hell do I know lol

Connor 13 FREAKING boards!

And almost threw down a tomahawk in traffic for some reason.

Fun game to watch. Every punch they threw, we countered. I honestly didn't have much in the way of expectations for this year, and those took a hit when we found out JBo was shutting it down for the year.

That said, I like the attitude of this team. I also like the tight rotation and guys playing a lot of minutes together instead of 4 guys sitting at the scorer's table waiting to check in.

Should be a fun finish as long as we stay healthy

I don't think Fran has had a team this tough while at Iowa. Love watching them play and compete. Never out of the game, made timely runs and got great stops when needed. Luke, Joe, and CJ is a pretty good 3 headed monster. Love CJ chirpin some guys a bit too
Agree. Pieces Fit.Simple. Go Hawk Players.

It isn't necessary to be obnoxious about it, but in basketball as in life, you have to meet the competition. When the opponent is in their face, these Hawkeyes respond in kind. And when the opponent gets physical, Iowa gives as good as it gets. And that's a key ingredient that sets this team apart from just about every other team Fran has had. This team has excellent talent, but it's the attitude that is making the difference.

Great kids who work hard, have talent, and absolutely refuse to back down. That's who these Hawkeyes are. And it's beautiful.
Very well said. I fall a little more in love with this team every game, even the losses I come away proud cuz we tend to leave it all on floor. Some games the shots won't fall like Lincoln but way more often we are going to get results more like last 3 games. Just fun to watch

Last edited:
Ryan came off the bench and lit the fuse.. great contribution tonight ... I’m very happy for him.. love his effort

He is starting to remind me of Ryan Bowen. Not the superstar, but a bench player that came in and hustled his Azz, while the starters got a break. Some great minutes tonight.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT