ADVERTISEMENT

Hello Hawkeyes...

Sep 2, 2001
I know it's been a disappointing season for your hoops team. I think every B1G fan is surprised at how Iowa has struggled this year, as many thought you would be a tourney team. I haven't watched many of your games, but see that it has been tough defensively this year. I really like Bohanan and Cook on the offensive side. I anticipate a close game this weekend, although we present a few matchup problems. Haas is a tough one to defend one on one, and he has improved his court awareness when he is doubled. Carsen Edwards is a lightening quick guard who has greatly improved this season. Our defense has been the big surprise to me. A lot of it is based on having a lot of experience and guys who have played together for 4 years.

Anyways, good luck the rest of the way. I think you have the players to get this turned around...just hoping it doesn't start on Saturday!

We're gonna need 6 guys out there to beat ya.

Fran_counting.gif

What happened to the Hawks fans I used to know? It used to be you'd have to come with an army of Ditkas and mini-Ditkas, plus a couple of F5 tornados to even have a chance. The only legit chance of beating the Hawkeyes was refs. :)

Everything about this game says pu in a laugher.
Maybe this will be one of those games when the basketball gods put the lid on pu's bucket and Iowa can't miss.
For the Hawks to lose by less than 10 will take a minor miracle.

Everything about this game says pu in a laugher.
Maybe this will be one of those games when the basketball gods put the lid on pu's bucket and Iowa can't miss.
For the Hawks to lose by less than 10 will take a minor miracle.
unless Dr Toms players and a few from Lute suit up and don't let the current players out of the locker room then bet Purdue money line all day long , it wont be close

As negative as it is, I don't think I would even like to see an Iowa win against PU because it would just make the remainder of the season that much more frustrating to watch. Hawks don't retain any positives from one game to the next so we would be left wondering "If they can beat PU, why can't the Hawks beat anyone else?"

How far I've fallen as an Iowa basketball fan

Here’s how much I hate Purdue:

I’m an engineer, and the raging inferno that is my hatred for all things Boilermaker forces me to hate myself. That’s how much I hate Purdue.

If only I had known of Jim Delaney and his grand design 30 years ago I might have chosen a different vocation. Sigh...

Oh yeah, and speaking of boilermakers, this has all the makings of a Hawkeye train wreck on Saturday.

Reactions: Mcbooger
Can't find a line on the game but Vegas usually isn't very far off. I'm guessing it's PU -15. It's going to be a 'pick your poison' game for Iowa. If you double the post, Haas can kick out to 4 really good shooters who will then get Iowa in a rotation and swing the ball to the open shooter. If you don't double the post, Haas will either score or draw fouls. Personally, I'd double and hope for cold perimeter shooting. Unfortunately, Haas and Mathias only combined for I think 1 or 2 fgs against Wisky and the game was still over in the first 2 minutes.
images

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT