ADVERTISEMENT

Help me reconcile this

BC Hawk

HR MVP
Nov 1, 2015
Seriously. I want to understand what about this I am not understanding. This morning on CNN, some GOP congressman was grilled about the following:

1. How the economic recovery is slower than expected (only 1.8M jobs added) and how this is supposed to be DT's strength; and
2. How irresponsible it is to reopen the economy.

CNN is trash and has lost all credibility in the past six months with crap like this. Also, for the record, I will be voting for Biden.

I find it fascinating that some folks still expect the "news media" to be completely objective and to ask only perfectly reasonable questions and expect to get perfectly reasonable answers from the guest. It's as if some still believe that the intent is to inform the viewer.

The news today is "news entertainment", and the objective is to increase viewership and increase profits. They do this by taking a side and being provocative in their stories and their interviews.

There is really no point in being upset about it, since it's easy to change the channel. Although, I'm not sure where to find true "news" today.

I'm not going to try to reconcile the questions, mostly because I didn't see the interview and I'm certainly not going to defend CNN.

But, for all of March and April, the discussion was "Virus vs the Economy". Eventually, the economy won and things started reopening.

Today, it seems, that both the economy and the virus prevention efforts suck. So, perhaps the interviewer was getting at the fact the economy reopened at the expense of a concentrated virus defense, but the economy still sucks - and was looking for an explanation from the congressman.

Seriously. I want to understand what about this I am not understanding. This morning on CNN, some GOP congressman was grilled about the following:

1. How the economic recovery is slower than expected (only 1.8M jobs added) and how this is supposed to be DT's strength; and

CNN is trash and has lost all credibility in the past six months with crap like this. Also, for the record, I will be voting for Biden.

CNN (the most untrusted name in news) lost whatever political credibility it had during the 2016 election cycle. They’re more biased than FOX.

Yeah, those are not fair questions.

I don’t think it’s right for CNN to say the job losses are Trump’s fault. It’s an unprecedented pandemic.

I also think it’s ridiculous when Trump and his supporters claim recovery of jobs as some sort of job growth.

ADVERTISEMENT