ADVERTISEMENT

Helping our tackles in the passing game

herkyhawk00

HB Legend
Jan 28, 2008
Though I feel we could really help our inexperience on the offensive line by putting in some sprint outs much like we did with Stanzi, I think it would be wise to also keep our tight end in on more passes this week to help Daniels and Croston both. You could still put a guy in the slot and even take out the fullback and replace with another wr to have 3-4 options. I'm interested to see what adjustments our offensive coaches will make, if any, to help a true freshman at right tackle and a backup at left tackle have more success. Yes, a week of extra work will help, but it can only do so much. I think we have to be willing to change up some of our schemes for this week if and when it calls for it. I'm sure Northwestern will try to capitalize on it also by doing a lot of different stunts to confuse our tackles and will try to maximize the pressure on CJ. At this point, I would rather see CJ using his legs on sprint outs and even sliding as he runs down field as opposed to sitting in the pocket and getting murdered.

Reactions: HatchedAHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.