ADVERTISEMENT

Her Baby Needs Heart Surgery. But She Is Demanding ‘Unvaccinated’ Blood.

Covid vaccine blood...or covid vaccine free blood. Doesn't really matter.

What does really matter, is the hospital withholding a life saving surgery

The hospital is telling them they get the SAME donated blood standard everyone else gets.
PERIOD

Reactions: hawkbirch
Is it bad that I'm kind of wanting the next pandemic to happen so all these ignorant, brainwashed antivaxxers will go and die off
They can't die off, because people like you won't let them make their own decisions.

There are vaccines OTHER THAN the mRNA ones. I believe their stance is "no vaccinations", not "no mRNA vaccines".
OP indicates MRNA vaccines are the primary concern....

"The boy’s mother says she wants her son’s operation to take place without delay, but she has demanded that “safe blood” be used, with her lawyer saying that the family was concerned about blood containing traces of vaccines using new mRNA technology."

Seems to be "Standard of Care", because NO ONE gets to choose who they accept donated blood from.

You get the next unit out of the fridge.
If you use the blood bank blood. But you can provide your own donor if you have one. If they had an unvaccinated donor willing to give, the hospital should accept it and perform the surgery.
And, guess what...nothing bad would happen by using that blood.
Unlike the hospital playing games with the surgery and the kids life just to get their way.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
OP indicates MRNA vaccine is primary concern....

"The boy’s mother says she wants her son’s operation to take place without delay, but she has demanded that “safe blood” be used, with her lawyer saying that the family was concerned about blood containing traces of vaccines using new mRNA technology."

Seems to me that she's the one delaying the surgery....and when something is quotes you know it's bullshit

Reactions: Joes Place
Yep. Give an inch, people take a mile. It’s in our blood (pun intended). We’re pretty shitty that way.

Rules are rules. Everyone can’t go around making their own - it would be anarchy. That’s why we have them.

Pretty much this...

Yep. Give an inch, people take a mile. It’s in our blood (pun intended). We’re pretty shitty that way.

Rules are rules. Everyone can’t go around making their own - it would be anarchy. That’s why we have them.

Fvcking Facts

If you use the blood bank blood. But you can provide your own donor if you have one. If they had an unvaccinated donor willing to give, the hospital should accept it and perform the surgery.
And, guess what...nothing bad would happen by using that blood.
Unlike the hospital playing games with the surgery and the kids life just to get their way.

Is this true? Which hospital do you know of that offers this as part of policy? I’ve never seen this as an option when dealing with surgery. I’ve got some trauma surgeon buddies - I’m going to ask them if this is an option at their hospitals.

Is this true? Which hospital do you know of that offers this as part of policy? I’ve never seen this as an option when dealing with surgery. I’ve got some trauma surgeon buddies - I’m going to ask them if this is an option at their hospitals.

Used to be true during the early days of HIV,.. not sure if this is still a thing.

Don’t recall anyone bitching about directed donation(s) in the past. Looks like the media is trying a little too hard to publicize this case.

As to why, one can only surmise.
My compliments, "Crimea River" I think is the most clever Russian bot handle yet.

I’ll see what they tell me. They cut people up in major health systems so I’m guessing they follow industry standards.

I can recall back during the HIV scare that people in my area were being allowed to self donate for elective surgical procedures,... In other words, donate your own blood for your own use.

Interesting. So why is this a problem in this case? Sounds like they have a donor lined up. Timing? Does New Zealand have different rules?
The hospital thinks they know better than the patient and wants to make a stand...which is threatening this kid's life.

It is true. Look up 'Directed blood donations'. You can donate to friends and family and direct the blood for that purpose.

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/tr...-transfusion-and-donation/donating-blood.html

Interesting

"That can be done, it's not encouraged because it may not be as safe as the more highly selected donors who are used particularly for transfusion of very young babies."

--------

"There wasn't research showing risk of vaccinated blood Faed said, and he didn't expect there to be any risks.

"The vaccine would have been cleared, it's biological material, it'll be broken down, it doesn't last very well. What it does is it conditions the immune system to make antibodies and to have cell mediated defence," he said."

Of course, no research backing said claims, just ignorance

Reactions: BelemNole
No; they generally DO NOT do this, unless there is a critical, medically necessary reason for it.
Being "antivax" is not a medically necessary reason.
Wrong. They can choose directed blood donation for whatever reason they may have.

If you use the blood bank blood. But you can provide your own donor if you have one.
Generally, no, you can't.

ONLY IF the hospital agrees to it, and that only happens in unusual cases.
Hospitals run on efficiency, and they use blood bank blood almost universally.

Wrong. They can choose directed blood donation for whatever reason they may have.
No, they cannot. It CAN be an option in some places (particularly those where blood bank blood supplies are low).

It is NOT common, NOR is it required for any hospital to do it. Having to track multiple specific units for a specific procedure creates additional burdens for them, because regular blood supply blood is fine.

Generally, no, you can't.

ONLY IF the hospital agrees to it, and that only happens in unusual cases.
Hospitals run on efficiency, and they use blood bank blood almost universally.
Using a directed donation preserves the blood bank supply. Which is often chronically low.
The hospital would be making a bad, and irresponsible decision to not accept a directed donation.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
"That can be done, it's not encouraged because it may not be as safe as the more highly selected donors who are used particularly for transfusion of very young babies."

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT