ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit Saying Michigan May Opt Out To Keep tOSU Out

If so, I feel sorry for who ever plays tOSU in the cross over game and it might just be Iowa if tOSU beats MSU this weekend followed by a Michigan sit out. tOSU will be trying to put up as many points as possible so it will be interesting to see what they do vs MSU this weekend and if they actually do play Michigan.

If Iowa for some reason does play tOSU due to a missed game vs MSU or Michigan to miss the B1G championship game, it could be ugly from an offensive perspective for Iowa but I feel confident in the Iowa defense stepping up to the challenge and preventing a blow out loss. Imagine if somehow Iowa were to beat tOSU? Man, I wish Stanley was our qb this year to make a run at the play offs with the skill players Iowa has this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisVarick
If so, I feel sorry for who ever plays tOSU in the cross over game and it might just be Iowa if tOSU beats MSU this weekend followed by a Michigan sit out. It could be ugly from an offensive perspective but I feel confident in Iowa’s defense stepping up to the challenge and preventing a blow out.

Even then, losing 35-3 is still a blowout.

Harbaugh would totally sit out to **** tOSU over
No, he wouldn't. That is ridiculous. You don’t take a game away from your fans, your staff, and your players because you want to stick it to another team. Just makes zero sense. Surprises me that Herbie would fabricate a story like that. It’s not professional and not based on reality.

If so, I feel sorry for who ever plays tOSU in the cross over game and it might just be Iowa if tOSU beats MSU this weekend followed by a Michigan sit out. tOSU will be trying to put up as many points as possible so it will be interesting to see what they do vs MSU this weekend and if they actually do play Michigan.

If Iowa for some reason does play tOSU due to a missed game vs MSU or Michigan to miss the B1G championship game, it could be ugly from an offensive perspective for Iowa but I feel confident in the Iowa defense stepping up to the challenge and preventing a blow out loss. Imagine if somehow Iowa were to beat tOSU? Man, I wish Stanley was our qb this year to make a run at the play offs with the skill players Iowa has this year.
If Stanley was our QB this year, we would be looking at the playoffs. He would make such a huge difference right now.

This is much to do about nothing. The BIG and NCAA officials would change the criteria to get OSU in.

The rules for getting into the CFP wouldn't need to be changed. There is no requirement for playing in a conference championship to be eligible for the CFP. It would be uncommon, of course.......but not a violation of any rule.

And the B1G won't change the rules just to get OSU into theB1G championship game.

Of course, Harbaugh's not going to cancel just to spite OSU anyway, so it's all much ado about nothing.

I can see both of these things happening. No way Harbaugh wants to be seen as he is hiding and backing away from a fight. I can also see the administrators and state officials jumping in and using the state's lockdown as an excuse. That way Harbaugh saves face and really so does the team. And, they screw Ohio State. Though I'm pretty confidant that an emergency session of the Big Ten Athletic Directors will be called!

This is much to do about nothing. The BIG and NCAA officials would change the criteria to get OSU in.

The Big Ten has said the rules are the rules. But that would not necessarily keep Ohio State out of the CFP.

This felt like a joke from an OSU alumni taking a shot at a down on luck Michigan team. I made same joke two weeks ago knowing nothing about Harbaugh being afraid for his job.
Now the best barbs are ones with just a little bit of truth to them. He was basically calling Michigan too scared to play OSU.
perfectly played, if Michigan out, he looks smart, but if they play he gets to enjoy beating the maize and blue.

Alvarez has already stated they would likely change the rules. This is Herbie crying again. Just Espn being ESPN! No surprise , they are owned by Disney.
Harbaugh is probably already on his way out. If HE plays that game, even Michigan fans would be frosted/ embarrassed! Big Ten AD’s would change the rules to allow Ohio State in. ( especially if they are undefeated).

The Big Ten has said the rules are the rules. But that would not necessarily keep Ohio State out of the CFP.
Barry has already said the AF’s would change the rules if Ohio State is unbeaten. Just watch abd see how it shakes out. Herbie has been crying since Iowa munched his Buckeyes At Kinnick!! 👍😊🏈

ADVERTISEMENT