ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s Why The SpaceX Starship Launch, Although Aborted, Was A Partial Success And The Rocket Will Launch Again Sooner Than Some Of You Expect:

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4 and GOHOX69
No one asked you to do that. Or open this thread. Move along.

fyiI.gif

There is literally no chance in hell I'm reading that many tweets. Ever.

on any topic.
It was actually very interesting, but I've been following this topic closer than others. I've always been a huge space exploration guy. I love this shit. I hope he launches again asap. I couldn't give a shit less about politics when it comes to this stuff.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
It was actually very interesting, but I've been following this topic closer than others. I've always been a huge space exploration guy. I love this shit. I hope he launches again asap. I couldn't give a shit less about politics when it comes to this stuff.
Good for you, Doobi! That is the attitude everyone should have. Space exploration shouldn’t be political at all. Or at least not claimed as a negative issue by either party. But, unfortunately, even during Apollo, it was.

We still have the same chickenshit dopes screaming, “We can’t, Shouldn’t, Mustn’t.” Ad nauseam.

Morons.

There is literally no chance in hell I'm reading that many tweets. Ever.

on any topic.
All you need to know is that Musk said "The outcome was roughly in what I expected, and maybe slightly exceeding my expectations" even tho his own personality disorder made them launch on a pad that wasn't designed to withstand this size of a launch and it led to concrete chunks damaging the engines....and OP beleives Musk that everything went according to plan.

All you need to know is that Musk said "The outcome was roughly in what I expected, and maybe slightly exceeding my expectations" even tho his own personality disorder made them launch on a pad that wasn't designed to withstand this size of a launch and it led to concrete chunks damaging the engines....and OP beleives Musk that everything went according to plan.
THIS is what you need to know:

“WASHINGTON — NASA Administrator Bill Nelson told a House committee that SpaceX’s truncated Starship test flight was not a major setback in plans to use that vehicle to land astronauts on the moon as soon as 2025.

Testifying before the House Science Committee April 27 about the agency’s fiscal year 2024 budget request, Nelson said SpaceX expects to be ready to make another Starship launch attempt in as little as two months.

“The explosion, that’s not a big downer,” he said of the April 20 test flight of the integrated Starship/Super Heavy vehicle from SpaceX’s Boca Chica, Texas, test site. The vehicle, which suffered several failed engines, started tumbling a few minutes after liftoff and was destroyed by its flight termination system four minutes into what was planned to be a 90-minute suborbital flight.

He explained SpaceX’s “hardware-rich” approach to vehicle development, with several Starship and Super Heavy vehicles in production. “That’s their modus operandi. They launch, and if something goes wrong, they figure out what it is, go back, and they launch it again.”

Some of you fools need to get over your “Musk Derangement Syndrome.”

Last edited:
He claims to be a rocket scientist and attorney though when asked simple rocketry questions, had no clue.
Your questions were too simple, stupid, and insulting for anyone to waste their time answering, Major Tom.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
^ Didn't read the op.

Book marked.
Things said by Musk and other tweets in this thread:
  • The environmental impacts are no big deal (this will be an interesting one as this is my business and they will have to do extensive offsite soil testing to prove this which will be part of the delay I predict which could delay…off site environmental impacts are a big big deal in the environmental cleanup world)
  • Next test could be as soon as a couple months despite this, repair of pad, and need of FAA review
  • Within 8 months they will have a better test that successfully make it to staging
  • The rocket uses non toxic propellants
  • They have more engines than they know what to do with
  • By April 2024 have sent to orbit
  • By 2025 put people on the moon
Let’s see how it goes. Hope to be wrong, but this timeline seems dubious to me.

Book marked.
  • The environmental impacts are no big deal (this will be an interesting one as this is my business and they will have to do extensive offsite soil testing to prove this which will be part of the delay I predict which could delay…off site environmental impacts are a big big deal in the environmental cleanup world)
  • Next test could be as soon as a couple months despite this, repair of pad, and need of FAA review
  • Within 8 months they will have a better test that successfully make it to staging
Well noleclone:

1. Look, they basically created a sandstorm with some concrete thrown in. They had less environmental impact than a hurricane would have.

2. The pad is already being repaired and this time it will include flame and thrust dampening (which it should have the first time).

3. They will do that.

4. The rocket uses cryogenic fuels (liquid methane, CH4, and liquid Oxygen), similar to the fuels used by Saturn 5, the Space Shuttle and Artemis. All organic and non-toxic.

5. That will happen, perhaps earlier.

6. Depends on NASA and its new spacesuit design, plus continued Congressional funding.

Last edited:
And the rocket did not respond to the self distruct order for 40 seconds. That is never good.

Book marked.
Elon says a lot of dubious things.
Twitter will be profitable...
Yeah, he has credibility issues. I like how he couched a lot of his answers in very lawyerly terms. "To the best of my knowledge"...

Musk isn’t being entirely honest when he said he was surprised by the damage to the launch pad. The destruction of the concrete base was entirely predictable. Musk and the flight engineers are brilliant people and of course understood the effects of 14 million pounds of thrust on materials. They made a conscious decision to not use water trenches and blast diverters to mitigate shock damage for some reason. It’s highly likely that flying debris and even acoustic shock waves damaged the engines directly. Musk knew what would happen. For some unstated reason, he felt compelled to launch anyway. #4twentybitches

Musk isn’t being entirely honest when he said he was surprised by the damage to the launch pad. The destruction of the concrete base was entirely predictable. Musk and the flight engineers are brilliant people and of course understood the effects of 14 million pounds of thrust on materials. They made a conscious decision to not use water trenches and blast diverters to mitigate shock damage for some reason. It’s highly likely that flying debris and even acoustic shock waves damaged the engines directly. Musk knew what would happen. For some unstated reason, he felt compelled to launch anyway. #4twentybitches
1. Because they are under pressure to get Starship ready in time for Artemis.

2. Because Musk thought his static fire tests (only at 50% ) didn’t damage the pad. Admittedly, real stupid.

3. Because the rocket was not crewed. SpaceX is “hardware rich.” They launch, it fails, then they learn, and launch again until it works. Whole different gameplay compared to NASA.

4. Because their launch thrust dampening system wasn’t ready. It will be next time. In the meantime, they have a whole bunch of valuable data from the first launch.

Well noleclone:

1. Look, they basically created a sandstorm with some concrete thrown in. They had less environmental impact than a hurricane would have.

2. The pad is already being repaired and this time it will include flame and thrust dampening (which it should have the first time).

3. They will do that.

4. The rocket uses cryogenic fuels (liquid methane, CH4, and liquid Oxygen), similar to the fuels used by Saturn 5, the Space Shuttle and Artemis. All organic and non-toxic.

5. That will happen, perhaps earlier.

6. Depends on NASA and its new spacesuit design, plus continued Congressional funding.
Organic you say? Just a little lesson, there have been billions spent cleaning up volatile and semi volatile ORGANIC compounds, including over 100 million dollars at Cape Canaveral.

Reactions: Ree4 and GOHOX69
I will say this, there is no denying Musk is a visionary. After all, he started an account on this site on February 3, 2004 to have available, just for this contingency.

Reactions: Ree4 and lucas80
Organic you say? Just a little lesson, there have been billions spent cleaning up volatile and semi volatile ORGANIC compounds, including over 100 million dollars at Cape Canaveral.
Fine, CODB. Why the hell won’t Iowa spend one damn dollar to clean up its hogshit, chemical fertilizers and pesticides before they poison our streams, rivers, and water table?

That’s organic too, right noleclone?

THIS is what you need to know:

“WASHINGTON — NASA Administrator Bill Nelson told a House committee that SpaceX’s truncated Starship test flight was not a major setback in plans to use that vehicle to land astronauts on the moon as soon as 2025.

Testifying before the House Science Committee April 27 about the agency’s fiscal year 2024 budget request, Nelson said SpaceX expects to be ready to make another Starship launch attempt in as little as two months.

“The explosion, that’s not a big downer,” he said of the April 20 test flight of the integrated Starship/Super Heavy vehicle from SpaceX’s Boca Chica, Texas, test site. The vehicle, which suffered several failed engines, started tumbling a few minutes after liftoff and was destroyed by its flight termination system four minutes into what was planned to be a 90-minute suborbital flight.

He explained SpaceX’s “hardware-rich” approach to vehicle development, with several Starship and Super Heavy vehicles in production. “That’s their modus operandi. They launch, and if something goes wrong, they figure out what it is, go back, and they launch it again.”

Some of you fools need to get over your “Musk Derangement Syndrome.”
I notice the continued use of the strawman that people are crapping on him over the explosion.
No, people are crapping on him because he made a business decision (money) that directly led to the launch platform damage which damaged his vehicle.
The guy takes shortcuts in order to keep his hype machine running and then acts offended when predictable problems arise because of it.

I notice the continued use of the strawman that people are crapping on him over the explosion.
No, people are crapping on him because he made a business decision (money) that directly led to the launch platform damage which damaged his vehicle.
The guy takes shortcuts in order to keep his hype machine running and then acts offended when predictable problems arise because of it.
He's all about being el cheapo.

He's all about people talking about him. Doing things right takes time. His name might not be in the new cycle for a year or so if he were to do that. That's just unacceptable.
Oh please, your hatred for the guy is just embarrassing. SpaceX has been a resounding success. It has a different developmental model than NASA, without the public funding (we have to succeed every flight regardless of cost) attitude and it’s accompanying fail-safe snail pace.

You don’t like his politics (I don’t either), but just get over it, ya whingers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT