ADVERTISEMENT

Here is something I think all Iowans are holding their breath over.

I think when he ran a campaign commercial highlighting his ingenuity in tying two lawnmowers together? That’s when he lost me.

Ah, who am I kidding. He never had me :p

images

Or just have someone else mow it.

He's lost it. I don't think 86 year olds should be serving in politics.
He could have had his wife running along behind him with a push mower, struggling to keep up.

Would have demonstrated to hard working Iowans his ability to delegate. :eek:

Reactions: lucas80 and srams21
Great Iowan. Someone that almost everyone, other than the challenged that pollute this board, has a tremendous amount of respect for.
At one time he was a decent senator. Then, Richard Lugar got knocked out via a primary, and Chuck went nut job far right.
Do you remember when Chuck cared about $600 hammers? Now he doesn't give AF about Donald Drumpf spending $3.1 million of taxpayer dollars to golf at his resorts.

I don't know how many of you saw it, but Chuck looked a little like Trump today. He was reading from a note card with oversized writing. He wears glasses, but if you have to write stuff out in inch tall letters, you have a problem. I don't know if some of you follow things this closely, but Chuck is hard of hearing, but too vain to wear a hearing aid regularly. He constantly turns to his left when listening to people. To me that signals he still hears a little bit better in his left ear. I have literally seen him do a 180 in order to get his good ear close to the person he is speaking to.

Most of Americans wouldn’t allow their 86 year old grandparents make their own day to day decisions.
But get elected to the government and you can make decisions, written by some group of 20 somethings,
Forever. What a Country. Then of course, there’s the “Supreme Court.”

Great Iowan and great Senator. Have seen him a number of times since he visits all his counties.

Thank goodness Harkin is GONE. Never forget calling his office in Sioux City and asking when he was coming out. They said he was way too busy to come to Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT