ADVERTISEMENT

Here it is. The voter suppression plan for all to see.

I wonder what they actually believe. Like... they obviously believe in their mission, they believe it must be advantageous. But do they really think they're fixing important problems? Addressing democratic cheating?

The video cutup is a little conflicting since it shows what seems to be contradictory behavior. I wish I had the whole thing.

I wonder what they actually believe. Like... they obviously believe in their mission, they believe it must be advantageous. But do they really think they're fixing important problems? Addressing democratic cheating?

The video cutup is a little conflicting since it shows what seems to be contradictory behavior. I wish I had the whole thing.
They believe that they own this country and no one has the right to take it away from them.

They believe that they own this country and no one has the right to take it away from them.
I think you could make an argument that they're in a bit of a holy war at this point... where you can do almost anything necessary to win. I think they're in pretty deep that way.

I just wonder how much cognitive dissonance is going on. Do they really believe what they're preaching?

I think you could make an argument that they're in a bit of a holy war at this point... where you can do almost anything necessary to win. I think they're in pretty deep that way.

I just wonder how much cognitive dissonance is going on. Do they really believe what they're preaching?
I would imagine it's a mix of a few true believers, a handful of people caught up in the fervor and a whole lot of individuals looking to make their specific situation better.

Political operatives are all about fund raising and winning to keep advancing their career. There's not much room for integrity when that arena becomes your entire existence or livelihood.

Last edited:
Conservative think tank uses dark money to influence state election policy that aims to limit access to polls and keep like-minded conservatives in power.

Ok, but like how are they suppressing the vote?

Ok, but like how are they suppressing the vote?

Let’s see what the Heritage Foundations founder said about voting:

“[Paul] Weyrich bluntly articulated . “I don’t want everybody to vote,” he said. “Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

If you believe the various pieces of legislation passed by Iowa and Georgia are really designed to improve access to the polls, I can’t convince you otherwise, Swag.

“[Paul] Weyrich bluntly articulated . “I don’t want everybody to vote,” he said. “Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

If you believe the various pieces of legislation passed by Iowa and Georgia are really designed to improve access to the polls, I can’t convince you otherwise, Swag.

Personally I’ve never had a problem going to vote. I just chose not to. Plus you didn’t really say what measures were taken.

You don't need a hidden camera to find the libs voter corruption they proudly crow about HR1 so........

Exactly. This has been going on for the last 50+ years. Weyrich was a founder of the HF.

Paul Michael Weyrich (/ˈweɪrɪk/; October 7, 1942 – December 18, 2008)[1][2][3][4] was an American religious conservative political activist and commentator, most notable as a figurehead of the New Right. He co-founded the conservative think tanks The Heritage Foundation,[5] the Free Congress Foundation, and the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). He coined the term "moral majority," the name of the political action group Moral Majority that he co-founded in 1979 with Jerry Falwell.

Personally I’ve never had a problem going to vote. I just chose not to. Plus you didn’t really say what measures were taken.

Swag, you’re not going to be convinced by me. Or anyone. Again, if you believe that all the legislation was designed around 1) ensuring election integrity (when no systematic fraud has been found) and 2) increasing access to the polls, I can’t help you.

But let Stacey Abrams tell you why the Georgia legislation specially targets POC and their access to the polls:

Swag, you’re not going to be convinced by me. Or anyone. Again, if you believe that all the legislation was designed around 1) ensuring election integrity (when no systematic fraud has been found) and 2) increase access to the polls, I can’t help you.

But let Stacey Abrams tell you why the Georgia legislation specially targets POC and their access to the polls:

Ok doc

They believe in putting money in their pockets. They don't give a shit about anything else.

In real time. Just like we all know. What an evil bitch. Thinking she's funny. Yeah, I truly loathe these evil people. Thanks to Manchin we aren't going to get that desperately needed legislation passed. Republicans know EXACTLY what they're doing. The rest of us have to vote like our WW2 Veterans fought against tyranny. It's up to us to save the country from authoritarian rule. It's plain as day.

Swag, you’re not going to be convinced by me. Or anyone. Again, if you believe that all the legislation was designed around 1) ensuring election integrity (when no systematic fraud has been found) and 2) increasing access to the polls, I can’t help you.

The same Stacy Abrams that says she lost the Georgia governor’s race BEFORE this legislation ?
Yeah, they're talking about educating poor kids there. JFC. The woman is talking about having to block HR 1.
HR 1 is garbage

The same Stacy Abrams that says she lost the Georgia governor’s race BEFORE this legislation ?

HR 1 is garbage

Your words...they don’t make sense.

Stacey Abrams lost the 2018 race for the Georgia governor’s office by 55,000 votes. Before the election, her opponent (the GA Sec or State who oversaw that same election) removed 500,000 people from the rolls - a disproportionate number of POC. Abrams acknowledged Kemp as the winner of the election but took issue with Kemp’s management of the rolls.

So what’s the dispute?

Your words...they don’t make sense.

Stacey Abrams lost the 2018 race for the Georgia governor’s office by 55,000 votes. Before the election, her opponent (the GA Sec or State who oversaw that same election) removed 500,000 people from the rolls - a disproportionate number of POC. Abrams acknowledged Kemp as the winner of the election but took issue with Kemp’s management of the rolls.

So what’s the dispute?
Facts don't matter to the authoritarian crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT