ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the GOP strategy to steal the Election

Awesome, Ivanka already has her patents she scored as a grifter in the WH on our dime, up to 23 now so they got what they need from China already.

As I said, he was asked during the debate with Hillary and he said we’ll see when asked if he would commit to accepting the results of the election.

And, the guy, as big of an asshole he is, knows he would need the military on his side to pull something like this off. He won’t have their support

He doesn't need the military. He has millions who have pledged to fight for him. Obviously most of those are full of crap, but he would only need a small percentage of them to stand up for him and actually do it to cause mass chaos. Coupled with owning the courts, it is well within his ability to circumvent any election result. And you know, no matter how obvious he is when he does it, you know that the same people defending everything he does on on this website will be here doing the same thing then.

We didn’t have a winner in 2000 until what, mid to late December? And that was after recounts and district courts weighing in before the Supreme Court shutdown the recounts .

This isn’t going to end on election night or even in a few weeks after. And it’ll take longer than that to get to the Supreme Court.

I think this administration could find a way. They definitely run on a "If the Constitution doesn't explicitly say not to do it, we can do it" theology. And if the Constitution does say they can't do it, they run on a "Nobody will stop us from doing it anyway" theology.

Have you ever seen him not leave office willingly?

I know, never had the opportunity. But I’m not going to believe it unless it happens. Too many people threatening to jump or burn it all down on a maybe, and not a strong maybe at that

No but he's never left office before. But he won't commit to leaving office willingly if he loses. He won't commit to the peaceful transfer of power. That's pretty telling.

And quite frankly what is more telling is that minority that does support him won't abandon him no matter what he does. Many of them would probably take up arms to defend his rule, no matter what the election results say. And quite frankly they are probably better armed than those that might try to uphold the election results.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
It’s impossible for you to comment on the actual topic of the thread. You’re a garbage poster.

My posts are consistent with the site...actually they’re a higher quality than most. Here I poke fun at a silly Chicken Little narrative. My dismissive tone is right on topic.

My posts are consistent with the site...actually they’re a higher quality than most. Here I poke fun at a silly Chicken Little narrative. My dismissive tone is right on topic.

Let’s have a friendly wager. A case of beer, say. I pay you if Trump peacefully accepts the results of the elation and if he loses, goes willingly. You pay me if after January 21st, he’s still in office with numerous law suits filed and rampant claims of election fraud from all sides.

“chicken little.” He f*cking said how he plans to proceed.

Reactions: j0nnyhb_Prime
Let’s have a friendly wager.

I don’t make wagers, and if I did it would be over something I control. Gore conceded after challenging. A challenge may happen again by either Biden or Trump. All the more reason to get nine on SCOTUS.

Dems with the ultimate projection campaign. You accuse others of doing what you are trying to do. Works perfect if you are blind

The only time I remember there being lawsuits was the fight in FL in 2000 which was decided by a couple hundred votes.

Trump would lose a state by 200,000 votes and he'll challenge the results in court and claim that 200,001 illegals voted and he really won.

No but he's never left office before. But he won't commit to leaving office willingly if he loses. He won't commit to the peaceful transfer of power. That's pretty telling.

And quite frankly what is more telling is that minority that does support him won't abandon him no matter what he does. Many of them would probably take up arms to defend his rule, no matter what the election results say. And quite frankly they are probably better armed than those that might try to uphold the election results.

well, you can cower in your basement fearing the worst, or live your life and deal with it as it comes. I personally don't think it's going to go that far.

I'm sure with all the mail in voting, it's going to take much longer than normal to get the full count. And depending on how close it is in certain states, there may be recounts and challenges to the counts.. But once the election is determined, if he tried to pull something like refusing to leave office, the military is not on his side.

Honestly, I've never seen so many people in one place so worried about something that is pure speculation and and hypothesizing.

Besides, I'm heavily armed and if he tries it, I'm on your side. 😀

I think this administration could find a way. They definitely run on a "If the Constitution doesn't explicitly say not to do it, we can do it" theology. And if the Constitution does say they can't do it, they run on a "Nobody will stop us from doing it anyway" theology.

Run to your basement then.

He doesn't need the military. He has millions who have pledged to fight for him. Obviously most of those are full of crap, but he would only need a small percentage of them to stand up for him and actually do it to cause mass chaos. Coupled with owning the courts, it is well within his ability to circumvent any election result. And you know, no matter how obvious he is when he does it, you know that the same people defending everything he does on on this website will be here doing the same thing then.

I got your back. I'm heavily armed and would fight to remove his fat ass. You can go to sleep now.

well, you can cower in your basement fearing the worst, or live your life and deal with it as it comes. I personally don't think it's going to go that far.

I'm sure with all the mail in voting, it's going to take much longer than normal to get the full count. And depending on how close it is in certain states, there may be recounts and challenges to the counts.. But once the election is determined, if he tried to pull something like refusing to leave office, the military is not on his side.

Honestly, I've never seen so many people in one place so worried about something that is pure speculation and and hypothesizing.

Besides, I'm heavily armed and if he tries it, I'm on your side. 😀

The reason people are worried about it is:

Because he has overturned several democratic norms already.
Because he will go and encourage people to break the law.
Because he says things like "Article 2 gives me the power to do whatever I want."
Because he has repeatedly shown to be a big baby when faced with even the most mild criticism. And that includes for him carrying on flame wars with the dead.
Because so many of his high ranking campaign staff have been convicted of crimes and he looks for ways to get them out or just flat out drops them a pardon.
Because he goes around telling people the election is rigged. His people purposefully tried to hurt the postal service right before the election that is going to see the most mail in ballots in history.
Because he won't commit to leaving office if he loses.
Because he has tear gassed peaceful protestors so he could have a photo op.
Because he has openly courted and received foreign help.
Because he muses about having his opponents arrested.

I hope your right and he just leaves if he loses, but you can't act like this is normal stuff from a president. You can't act like this is a president that gives the appearance of trusting and respecting the democratic process.

And if it was just him, it would be one thing. But the whole time he's been backed up by people who are willing to do whatever he wants them to do. Republicans used to be big on free trade . . . but they have not been willing to confront him on tariff's or to take the power to create those tariff's out of his hands.

Checks and balances don't work if the people who's job it is to serve as that check and balance are willing to do whatever the person they are suppose to be checking and balancing asks them to do. And the sense I get from most on the right is that if he asked the state legislatures to overturn the results of the voting in their states and just slate his electors instead they will do it.

Reactions: j0nnyhb_Prime
We didn’t have a winner in 2000 until what, mid to late December? And that was after recounts and district courts weighing in before the Supreme Court shutdown the recounts .

This isn’t going to end on election night or even in a few weeks after. And it’ll take longer than that to get to the Supreme Court.

The count was halted on the 9th and the Supreme Court decided the election on the 12th.

I don’t think this is going to play out like this, but it is certainly conceivable that Trump could encourage Republican legislatures to send a different set of electors than a democratic governor based on election night returns and the “fraud” of later received mail in votes.

The reason people are worried about it is:

Because he has overturned several democratic norms already.
Because he will go and encourage people to break the law.
Because he says things like "Article 2 gives me the power to do whatever I want."
Because he has repeatedly shown to be a big baby when faced with even the most mild criticism. And that includes for him carrying on flame wars with the dead.
Because so many of his high ranking campaign staff have been convicted of crimes and he looks for ways to get them out or just flat out drops them a pardon.
Because he goes around telling people the election is rigged. His people purposefully tried to hurt the postal service right before the election that is going to see the most mail in ballots in history.
Because he won't commit to leaving office if he loses.
Because he has tear gassed peaceful protestors so he could have a photo op.
Because he has openly courted and received foreign help.
Because he muses about having his opponents arrested.

I hope your right and he just leaves if he loses, but you can't act like this is normal stuff from a president. You can't act like this is a president that gives the appearance of trusting and respecting the democratic process.

And if it was just him, it would be one thing. But the whole time he's been backed up by people who are willing to do whatever he wants them to do. Republicans used to be big on free trade . . . but they have not been willing to confront him on tariff's or to take the power to create those tariff's out of his hands.

Checks and balances don't work if the people who's job it is to serve as that check and balance are willing to do whatever the person they are suppose to be checking and balancing asks them to do. And the sense I get from most on the right is that if he asked the state legislatures to overturn the results of the voting in their states and just slate his electors instead they will do it.

Deep end

Ever here of our military. You think they wouldn’t get involved?

You guys are really going off the deep end

They might but you don't know what side they will be on. Quite frankly they might just follow what the courts say. If the court says he's the president than that is likely what they go with.

And since he's getting this justice it seems to me that he has enough people on that court that are personally loyal to him to overturn the election results in any state where the results arn't what he likes.

They might but you don't know what side they will be on. Quite frankly they might just follow what the courts say. If the court says he's the president than that is likely what they go with.

And since he's getting this justice it seems to me that he has enough people on that court that are personally loyal to him to overturn the election results in any state where the results arn't what he likes.

I’m literally speechless on this point at this time.

I’ll say it again. Some of you need to find a physical safe place you can all go to and ride out the election. Share tears and tissues.

Can you tell me what fundamental changes under Trump has had a huge impact on how you live your life?
President Trump's disastrous handling of the federal response to Covid-19 pandemic continues to impact the lives of every American on a daily basis.

I’m literally speechless on this point at this time.

I’ll say it again. Some of you need to find a physical safe place you can all go to and ride out the election. Share tears and tissues.

It's depressing that you are so non-challant about an administration that is publicly planning to undermine the election in November, circumvent state election results by taking control of the electors from each state in a move that would be called a coup in any other country on the planet. If Obama had proposed even half of these things you would probably already have all of your guns and be parked right on the other side of the fence looking at the south lawn of the White House.

I'd say that other countries should start announcing sanctions if something like that happens but most of them are just as screwed up as we are.

It's depressing that you are so non-challant about an administration that is publicly planning to undermine the election in November, circumvent state election results by taking control of the electors from each state in a move that would be called a coup in any other country on the planet. If Obama had proposed even half of these things you would probably already have all of your guns and be parked right on the other side of the fence looking at the south lawn of the White House.

I'd say that other countries should start announcing sanctions if something like that happens but most of them are just as screwed up as we are.

It's depressing having this conversation with you. Stop replying to me in this thread. You know my position and I know you're scared. Let's just leave it at that? Thank you

It's depressing having this conversation with you. Stop replying to me in this thread. You know my position and I know you're scared. Let's just leave it at that? Thank you

You act like being scared is a bad thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT