ADVERTISEMENT

Hernandez wins title at NHSCA High School Nationals

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:
If Ayala went up to 33, I would expect a transfer came in at 125 or Joey Cruz had jumped levels. Regardless, lets go Hernandez! Bring home some hardware!
Yep, not sure how our 125/133 will play out for 2024/2025 season. I did see some raw talent with this young man, so I am hopeful he can hit a stride and challenge for that 125 spot IF Ayala goes 133

Yep, not sure how our 125/133 will play out for 2024/2025 season. I did see some raw talent with this young man, so I am hopeful he can hit a stride and challenge for that 125 spot IF Ayala goes 133
He does have some very good hustle and appears to be strong for his size. He and Benham are two guys I hope can surprise along with Grebel and Petersen from this year's freshman.

Reactions: Grip220
grip what on earth are you on??? everyday with this nonsense lol
Dude, we are Hawk fans. Hopefully we have some of our health left and our families are doing good.
We live in the USA, we will be able to watch our HWC guys compete for the US team and hopefully the Olympics.
The Summer is around the corner and the Tuna Season will start soon in the Northeast.
I Plan on trading some fresh Catch for some quality Meat with at least one other Hawk fan from the midwest.
We have great coaches, a great university with great passion and great facilities.

What the Heck is your stinking problem!!!

Keyan won his first 2 matches, by fall and 5-1. He is definitely not the biggest 125 right now but does not seem lacking in strength. Is pretty tough on top and has a nice tilt.

Keyan won his first 2 matches, by fall and 5-1. He is definitely not the biggest 125 right now but does not seem lacking in strength. Is pretty tough on top and has a nice tilt.
Where are you seeing this? Flo?

He’s hooked on a feeling; high on believing.
You could be more right then you know!
Some of you need to start looking at yourselves in the mirror and dealing with your own demons.
Stop blaming other people for your shortcomings, life is not just rainbows and unicorns.
Now back to the wrestling

Reactions: el dub
Times sure can and do change. This tournament used to be the High School equivalent to back in the day Midlands….

Final results posted.

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Times sure can and do change. This tournament used to be the High School equivalent to back in the day Midlands….
I was going to bring that up. When I was in HS the NHSCA tournament featured the who’s who of future De-1 collegiate wrestlers. A kid from my class lost in the semis of this tournament to a kid from NJ that ended up beating Brandon Eggum in the finals. Steve Mocco, Jake Rosholt, Jesse Delgado, Mark Perry, Cael Sanderson, Zach Esposito, CP Schlatter, Dustin Schlatter, Mike Poeta, Bubba Jenkins, Kary Kolat, Lance Palmer, Jordan Burroughs, Anthony Robles and Troy Nickerson are just a handful of guys that are former NHSCA national champs. Not sure why this tourney has kinda gone by the wayside.

It's Rhode Island but his finals opponent was unbeaten in highschool. Like 110-0.

Reactions: sabula
He was unbeaten in state. I believe he had 4 losses overall. 2 were at Beast of the East his Jr. Year. He didn't place. He will be wrestling Div. III next year at Johnson & Wales
I just read about a kid in Oregon with similar stats. Sounds like he didn’t participate in national tournaments and doesn’t plan on wrestling in college.

I just read about a kid in Oregon with similar stats. Sounds like he didn’t participate in national tournaments and doesn’t plan on wrestling in college.
I had seen the articles saying he was perfect in high-school but following on Flo his record had 4 losses. So I looked him up and seen he lost at Beast twice as a Jr. and 3 times at the New England Championships his fresh and soph years. The Beast kids that beat him are quality kids and were SV losses.

Reactions: el dub
I had seen the articles saying he was perfect in high-school but following on Flo his record had 4 losses. So I looked him up and seen he lost at Beast twice as a Jr. and 3 times at the New England Championships his fresh and soph years. The Beast kids that beat him are quality kids and were SV losses.
Doh! The guy I’m talking about is Cody Miller from Sumner WA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT