ADVERTISEMENT

hey Fred...

So what was the reason for Murray's stats last year? Dallas offensive line, or Murray just suddenly becoming awesome after a few years of not being so awesome?

Easy to get yards when you don't get touched for the first 3-5 yards..

So what was the reason for Murray's stats last year? Dallas offensive line, or Murray just suddenly becoming awesome after a few years of not being so awesome?

The Emmitt Smith vs. Barry Sanders situation.

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
Romo, not even playing for 1/2 the game, had more rush yards than Murray.

The Eagles are an absolute dumpster fire.
excellent.jpg

Reactions: Hawk Supreme
I was at the Igles game last week. I though after their great second half performance that they were on track. Today was just a steaming pile of shit.

It's weird, after Kelly's sketchy dealings with that Texas player lease guy, I didn't think he'd have problems with the "trouble makers" on the team.

Quick, name all the coaches that went from college to the NFL and were successful right away.

Also what are we defining as success? A Super Bowl win? A Superbowl appearance? A few playoff years?

And what exactly is a college coach. A HC from a college program hired to an NFL team no matter what (pete Caroll)? someone with some NFL experience? Someone with none?

(cause if we just look at ex-College Head coaches that have appeared in the Super Bowl the list also include Marv Levy, Booby Ross, Jim Caldwell, Sam Wyche, Dick Vermeil)

Switzer doesn't count. You and I could have coat tailed that c'ship. Either way, your list list is short.

Short sure. still Doesn't prove that it's a bad idea. If you take my second list that 10 coaches in 50 superbowls (with some overlap because coaches have appeared multiple times) it doesn't seem like its a terrible idea.

But I know everybody thinks it is because of Petrino, Saban and Spurrier.

Edit to add: I've never get the "doesn't count you and I could have done it" argument. Maybe. But we didn't, he did. And it doesn't discount the fact he had success and you just can't ignore it to fit your argument. If that's the case let's throw out Lou Holtz for the Jets. He was never given players, why should that count?

Switzer doesn't count. You and I could have coat tailed that c'ship. Either way, your list list is short.

The question should be, "Quick, name any head coach in his first few years that had instant success." You'd be able to name more, but I think that's probably due to more coordinators being promoted than college coaches getting bumped up.

Basically, I don't think a college coach should get more benefit of the doubt simply because they came from the college ranks. You know a dumpster fire when you see one, and the Eagles are a hot mess right now.

I'm a lifelong Bengals fan, I am well versed in teams with shitty head coaches.

The question should be, "Quick, name any head coach in his first few years that had instant success." You'd be able to name more, but I think that's probably due to more coordinators being promoted than college coaches getting bumped up.

Basically, I don't think a college coach should get more benefit of the doubt simply because they came from the college ranks. You know a dumpster fire when you see one, and the Eagles are a hot mess right now.

I'm a lifelong Bengals fan, I am well versed in teams with shitty head coaches.
Surprisingly, the Bengals have had the same coach. Is he the longest tenured coach besides Belichek?

Surprisingly, the Bengals have had the same coach. Is he the longest tenured coach besides Belichek?

Since 2003. Between him and Sam Wyche it was pretty interesting. Marvin has been pretty interesting as well, but at least I can expect the Bengals to be making the playoffs or at least competing for a playoff spot now.

Edit: Marvin is actually 2nd behind Belicheck. And there were only 3 coaches between Wyche and Marvin, but their fail made it seem like a lot more.

Since 2003. Between him and Sam Wyche it was pretty interesting. Marvin has been pretty interesting as well, but at least I can expect the Bengals to be making the playoffs or at least competing for a playoff spot now.

Edit: I guess it was only 3, but wow did they suck.

You know it's bad when you're jealous of this success.

You know it's bad when you're jealous of this success.

If you're jealous of the Bengals, that's a pretty solid low. Although at least for me at the moment, I can go with the Lloyd Christmas one in a million version of optimism. Before that the start of every season was like staring at an impending asteroid of which you knew there was no escape.

If you're jealous of the Bengals, that's a pretty solid low. Although at least for me at the moment, I can go with the Lloyd Christmas one in a million version of optimism. Before that the start of every season was like staring at an impending asteroid of which you knew there was no escape.

ONE GODDAMN PLAYOFF WIN IN 60 YEARS!!!!!!!!! and heading for 3-13 this year....

Just saw this thread. I was sick to my stomach watching that damn game. It took a pretty good buzz and sobered me up. The only positive is we broke Tony Romo's collarbone. Without Dez and Romo that defense is going to have to step up even more now. Sean Lee looked like he returned to form. 14 tackles.

I think Chip's over evaluation of the RB compared to the OG may come back to bite him in the ass. Evan Mathis and Todd Herramans would be pretty damn good right now. Hell at one point Matt Tobin came in to play LEFT TACKLE!!!!!

They better get it figured out quickly or the Jets will be in the backfield all game too. The good thing is that the East looks up for grabs now with Romo going down.

You blame this on Murray????????????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT