ADVERTISEMENT

Hey PC (gamers) Nerds, question

A

anon_ts5cfra6drv7r

what would you get? Going to be used for gaming obviously. Just wondering if the drop in GPU performance is worth the extra storage space. Adding an extra TB in SSD into the more expensive one probably would add another $150-$200.

Option A - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive -

$1399

Option B -
Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 512GB Solid State Drive -

$1999

Have not. Not a bad idea. I’ve built many towers but never a laptop.

Nevermind, I didn't realize this was a laptop. I've never built anything but have been putting together parts on pcpartpicker for my new desktop.

giphy.gif

For gaming, video card matters a lot.

How about this:

https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/25j4

There you go. You can get this for a good price. There's a 17% off coupon.

New Alienware M17
$2349.99

Save an Extra 17% on PC’s and Dell Accessories with coupon: SAVE17

- $482.50
Item Total:
$1,867.49

Can also get 10% ebates cash back

-$186 = $1681

If you have American Express Blue, they have 10% back statement credit.

-186 = $1495

Last edited:
Reactions: Banditking
Also, dont get the i7. Get the i5 9600k and put a water cooler on it. You can easily get it to around 5GHz, and with 6 cores you are getting awesome performance. And you are saving a ton of money. They are like $200 right now at Microcenter.

Also, dont get the i7. Get the i5 9600k and put a water cooler on it. You can easily get it to around 5GHz, and with 6 cores you are getting awesome performance. And you are saving a ton of money. They are like $200 right now at Microcenter.

He's talking about a laptop. Your build is pretty sweet though.

Err. Dont get a laptop, lol. Gaming laptops have overheating issues, and you have to end up spending a fortune on the repairs. Just get a Lenovo P50, you'll save a bunch of money, and get a beefy laptop you can game on. I have one, and it can handle anything I throw at it.

Err. Dont get a laptop, lol. Gaming laptops have overheating issues, and you have to end up spending a fortune on the repairs. Just get a Lenovo P50, you'll save a bunch of money, and get a beefy laptop you can game on. I have one, and it can handle anything I throw at it.
No way brah, MacBook Air for all my gaming needs. I can get like 10 FPS!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT