ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, you left-wing sci-fi folks (atten:Parser)

Lone Clone

HR King
May 29, 2001
This is kinda interesting, if you're familiar with the works of Robert Heinlein.

The reviewer who is being flogged in this piece clearly is a moron, by the way. As the flogger points out, it is preposterous to use "Stranger in a Strange Land" and "Starship Troopers" as evidence that Heinlein moved from left to right, when the latter was written before the former.

Makes me want to read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" for the 40th time or so.

Review of Heinlein biography review

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Great book, which begs the question: why not try settling the moon first and work out some of the kinks before worrying about Mars? I really enjoyed Time Enough for Love, although he was getting kind of "out there" at that point.

Originally posted by BrentJDiekman:
Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Great book, which begs the question: why not try settling the moon first and work out some of the kinks before worrying about Mars? I really enjoyed Time Enough for Love, although he was getting kind of "out there" at that point.
The worst thing that happened to Heinlein was the relaxation of standards related to sexual matters that let him write his last few books. Basically, they suck compared to his earlier stuff.

I was a fan as a kid.

Stranger was the first book by a writer I otherwise liked that I never finished.

I liked the Starship Troopers movie. I thought it captured the Heinlein "feel" quite well, for good and ill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT