ADVERTISEMENT

HHS proclaims control of FDA

They've already hidden the actual recommendations from CDC & the Task Force from the public.

In mid-July, a copy of the July 14 report was leaked to the Center for Public Integrity, which then reported that 18 states were in the Covid-19 “red zone,” with more than 100 new cases per 100,000 people, something that neither the Centers for Disease Control, the department of Health and Human Services, or the Trump administration has shared with the public. Later that month, the New York Times, based on an updated leaked report, warned that 21 states were in the red zone.
After this second leak, access to the full reports was further tightened to prevent future leaks.
On August 10, I filed a Freedom of Information Act request for these weekly reports. I received an acknowledgment of my filing and when I asked for an estimated date of completion, I was told June 16, 2023 — 999 days from the day this article was published.
At the time, I and others knew the data continued to be aggregated and the weekly report produced because partial reports were leaked for Louisiana on August 11 and Georgia on August 13.
In each case, national and local news outlets dispersed the critical public health information carried within the task force reports. But the public should not have to rely on leaks to get this information.
The Trump administration is deliberately restricting these reports from the public, and it’s clear why: they contradict the president, who continually downplays the spread and impact of the virus.
On August 31, the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis released eight task force reports, from June 23 to August 9, based on a request the committee made to Vice President Mike Pence and White House Coronavirus Task Force Coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx. The chairman of the subcommittee, James E. Clyburn (D-S.C.), said in a statement, “Rather than being straight with the American people and creating a national plan to fix the problem, the President and his enablers kept these alarming reports private while publicly downplaying the threat to millions of Americans.”
The reports do more than include Covid-19 statistics. They also include recommendations for public health actions that challenge the lax approach some governors are taking, such as Georgia’s governor, Brian Kemp, who continues to refuse to adopt a statewide mask mandate even though a task force report declares “current mitigation efforts are not having a sufficient impact and would strongly recommend a statewide mask mandate.”
The reports show indisputably that the coronavirus is spreading uncontrolled across much of the country. They confirm the need for specific interventions, such as universal adoption of masks in public, closing bars and gyms, limiting gatherings, increasing access to testing, accelerating test results, and deploying a multitude of contact tracers.

They've already hidden the actual recommendations from CDC & the Task Force from the public.

In mid-July, a copy of the July 14 report was leaked to the Center for Public Integrity, which then reported that 18 states were in the Covid-19 “red zone,” with more than 100 new cases per 100,000 people, something that neither the Centers for Disease Control, the department of Health and Human Services, or the Trump administration has shared with the public. Later that month, the New York Times, based on an updated leaked report, warned that 21 states were in the red zone.
After this second leak, access to the full reports was further tightened to prevent future leaks.
On August 10, I filed a Freedom of Information Act request for these weekly reports. I received an acknowledgment of my filing and when I asked for an estimated date of completion, I was told June 16, 2023 — 999 days from the day this article was published.
At the time, I and others knew the data continued to be aggregated and the weekly report produced because partial reports were leaked for Louisiana on August 11 and Georgia on August 13.
In each case, national and local news outlets dispersed the critical public health information carried within the task force reports. But the public should not have to rely on leaks to get this information.
The Trump administration is deliberately restricting these reports from the public, and it’s clear why: they contradict the president, who continually downplays the spread and impact of the virus.
On August 31, the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis released eight task force reports, from June 23 to August 9, based on a request the committee made to Vice President Mike Pence and White House Coronavirus Task Force Coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx. The chairman of the subcommittee, James E. Clyburn (D-S.C.), said in a statement, “Rather than being straight with the American people and creating a national plan to fix the problem, the President and his enablers kept these alarming reports private while publicly downplaying the threat to millions of Americans.”
The reports do more than include Covid-19 statistics. They also include recommendations for public health actions that challenge the lax approach some governors are taking, such as Georgia’s governor, Brian Kemp, who continues to refuse to adopt a statewide mask mandate even though a task force report declares “current mitigation efforts are not having a sufficient impact and would strongly recommend a statewide mask mandate.”
The reports show indisputably that the coronavirus is spreading uncontrolled across much of the country. They confirm the need for specific interventions, such as universal adoption of masks in public, closing bars and gyms, limiting gatherings, increasing access to testing, accelerating test results, and deploying a multitude of contact tracers.

Trump's MO is to lie, steal and cheat to live another day.

Who cares if people get sick or we produce an ineffective vaccine? Anything to get re-elected and deal with the fallout after.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT