ADVERTISEMENT

Hidden gem restaurants.

Bonaparte Retreat in Bonaparte IA. 4.5 stars/269.

Not a hidden gem in hard to find....but it is in the middle of nowhere.

Gaetano’s, Forest Park, IL.

Closed their dine in/take out menu and opened a market. Hopefully will return when the pandemic is over.

Back Yard Bar-Be-Cue in Jackson, Tennessee.

I have not been there in years, but it was fabulous.

I used to go once a month to Jackson.

Murray Outdoor Products was a customer.

Reactions: billanole
Emma Jeans just north of Walnut. Idk if its a hidden gym there, but I found it when we got gas at the station next door. Fantastic food. Burger was one of the best I've had.

I can't stand the quad cities but there is a place Called exotic Thai. Its not a hole in the wall though...actually it's has very modern and nice decor. Very Clean and the food is off the hook if you like Thai.

HaverHill Social Club in Haverhill Iowa. One minute you are standing on the sidewalk of a backwards little town in the middle of nowhere. The next minute you are standing in one of the coolest pub/eateries. Clean and the pizza there is off the hook good. Haverhill is literally in the middle of nowhere. Make sure you got deer whistles.

Back Yard Bar-Be-Cue in Jackson, Tennessee.

I have not been there in years, but it was fabulous.

I used to go once a month to Jackson.

Murray Outdoor Products was a customer.
I use to have a customer in Jackson as well. Too bad I didn’t know then what I know now.
I am a Q fan for sure. Thanks.

Lexington BBQ and Lexington Fixins down Highway 8 south of town were ones we hit as I was growing up.
Multiple others over the years.
Locally, we go to Haywood Smokehouse in Hazelwood, Doc Browns in Candler, Moes, and Luellas in A-Ville fairly often.
Whatcha got?

Last edited:
Lexington BBQ and Lexington Fixins down Highway 8 south of town were ones we hit as I was growing up.
Multiple others over the years.
Locally, we go to Haywood Smokehouse in Hazelwood, Doc Browns in Candler, and Luellas in A-Ville fairly often.
Whatcha got?
Lexington is one of the best western style places.

I have been all over the middle one third of North America over the years and I have never been disappointed by a livestock sale barn cafe. Most are only open one day a week and run by mostly women who know how to deliver a home cooked style meal for a very reasonable price.

Reactions: billanole
I have been all over the middle one third of North America over the years and I have never been disappointed by a livestock sale barn cafe. Most are only open one day a week and run by mostly women who know how to deliver a home cooked style meal for a very reasonable price.
Yep. The Stock Yard Cafe in Amarillo is one I can suggest. The Blue Plate special was special.

This might not appeal to everyone.

There is a family owned semi fast food chain in Wichita and a couple in surrounding towns. It is called Spangles.

I really like it. Great burgers and fries. Good stuff.

You have to like that sort of thing.

HaverHill Social Club in Haverhill Iowa. One minute you are standing on the sidewalk of a backwards little town in the middle of nowhere. The next minute you are standing in one of the coolest pub/eateries. Clean and the pizza there is off the hook good. Haverhill is literally in the middle of nowhere. Make sure you got deer whistles.
Next time im close I’ll check it out. Looks good.

If you're ever in Casselberry, FL...

Cubanos and ropa vieja. Definitely my kind of place.

On the east side of St. Paul, MN, try El Guanaco. Authentic Salvadoran restaurant and bakery.

Reactions: The Tradition
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT