ADVERTISEMENT

Hide your books to avoid felony charges, Fla. schools tell teachers

It is going to be very interesting if these types of laws come to Iowa. Even the way Floridas is written….I think you could make a challenge that teaching ANY book that has relationships in it (ex: a family) should now be banned.

It doesn’t surprise me that some teachers/districts are doing this…may be wanting to limit legal exposure?

I'm fairly certain that was the reason for my county's decision. While I believe the vast majority of parents & citizens would not bitch about most things, the law arms the lunatics with a weapon with which they can cause the school system a nightmare.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
point-and-laugh-schadenfreude.gif

@goldmom defensiveness makes it clear it’s actually starting to dawn on her that her beloved “in-group” club is starting to, even to her, feel a bit unsavory.

Kinda reminds me of how ardently she used to defend trump.
She'd still vote for Trump if he's the R candidate. No doubt in my mind. She said she'd vote for Herschel Walker so she'd vote for Trump a third time.

She'd still vote for Trump if he's the R candidate. No doubt in my mind. She said she'd vote for Herschel Walker so she'd vote for Trump a third time.
Well of course. She’s undeniably committed to the idea that, no matter what—Dems are worse.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Um...don’t they mean the State?
The fact that AP still feels like they have to use “don’t say gay” - with the flimsy justification “critics call” doesn’t change the fact.
The Legislature changed it. A fifty something year old gift to a developer so they’d turn orange groves and swamps into a tourist town.

ADVERTISEMENT