ADVERTISEMENT

Hillary Attacks Bernie and Lizzie. Again.

I’ll start by saying I was a Sanders supporter the last time around. That being said, Clinton isn’t completely wrong in calling out Warren and Sanders. Drastically changing economic policy quickly is risky and unpredictable.
Always the argument of those who have amassed the most wealth and power. Who are exactly the ones Hillary represents.

Whatever percentage of their agendas Bernie or Lizzie manage to implement - 15%? 25%? - will be that much better than what we see today.

Personally, I want leadership that points our nation in the right direction. Better some success heading the right direction than none - or even worse, than success heading in the wrong direction.

Always the argument of those who have amassed the most wealth and power. Who are exactly the ones Hillary represents.

Whatever percentage of their agendas Bernie or Lizzie manage to implement - 15%? 25%? - will be that much better than what we see today.

Personally, I want leadership that points our nation in the right direction. Better some success heading the right direction than none - or even worse, than success heading in the wrong direction.
It is not just the rich who want stability. I’m not against change. I’m against drastic urgent change.

I’ll start by saying I was a Sanders supporter the last time around. That being said, Clinton isn’t completely wrong in calling out Warren and Sanders. Drastically changing economic policy quickly is risky and unpredictable.
I look at it like this.

Look at how long and what it took to get the ACA passed. And how viciously republicans fought it and have tried to get rid of it. Now, a good many of them are campaigning on keeping it alive. Talk about a switch.

Now try and apply that same thought process to M4A. It won't pass, in large part because it isn't popular the way it is being proposed. Not to mention, you need 67% of congressional votes. You ain't gonna get that.

A very, very, VERY large swath of people do not want to be forced to give up their current insurance plans. Union workers, for example, have given up pay increases and other benefits to get their plans. As well, do people really think companies are going to increase their pay when companies no longer have to pay for (in wages, not taxes) those plans? Of course they aren't.

And Warren has been purposefully misleading by saying middle class taxes won't rise. She will never have the votes to increase corporate taxes to the 60-70% range to cover free education and health care. It just won't happen.

As for the other huge expenditure they want to add, free education, Obama gave them a path to free community college educations to get a base at no cost. If you want to expand that to a bachelors or higher, you should have to pay for that on your own. That isn't good enough for Sanders, Warren, or their supporters. But, like M4A, it will never, ever pass Congress.

Just my 2 cents.

It is not just the rich who want stability. I’m not against change. I’m against drastic urgent change.
Climate change needs urgent action.

Other things less so.

Which is why, for example, Medicare for all phases in over 4 years. And the way our system works that probably becomes 6 or 8 years.

Calling these drastic when they phase in slowly strikes me as fear-mongering.

There will, of course, be some losers along with the very many winners. I don't expect the losers to be happy about it. No matter that many have reaped the benefit of a stacked deck for a long time and are only being asked to give some back. But let's keep our eye on the ball here. The directions Bernie and Lizzie want to go are better than the alternatives in most if not all cases.

Other things less so.

Which is why, for example, Medicare for all phases in over 4 years. And the way our system works that probably becomes 6 or 8 years.

There will, of course, be some losers along with the very many winners. I don't expect the losers to be happy about it. No matter that many have reaped the benefit of a stacked deck for a long time and are only being asked to give some back. But let's keep our eye on the ball here. The directions Bernie and Lizzie want to go are better than the alternatives in most if not all cases.
I agree on climate change. I don't know enough about Medicare for all to make an opinion outside of hoping for a better/cheaper healthcare system.

***Edit** I had not misread the article. I have no problems with what Sanders and Warren propose with taxing the uber wealthy.

Other things less so.

no... climate change by mankind is a fantasy. so if we cannot change it in the first place we cannot change it back

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT