ADVERTISEMENT

Hillary Blames Obama for Refugee Crisis

dandh

HR Legend
Nov 11, 2002
Twin Cities MN
Hillary is on Face the Nation. She just said Obama Admin didn't take her advice, so that's what went wrong in Syria.

Wonder how Obama likes that.

Arm the Syrian rebels.
Is that what she said her advice was or are you just throwing that out as a possibility?

If that was her advice, I fail to see how that would have prevented or even slightly diminished the refugee crisis.

The advice that would have hugely reduced the refugee crisis would have been to not meddle in Syria in the first place.

Reactions: moral_victory
Without the Syrian mess I would have said Obama's foreign policy has been pretty deft, overall. I wasn't happy with his adventurism in Libya and Ukraine, but he pulled them off fairly well and at very low cost. But Syria has been a disaster from the start.

Hillary is on Face the Nation. She just said Obama Admin didn't take her advice, so that's what went wrong in Syria.

The more she talks badly about BHO the more likely she gets indicted so I am all for this

Reactions: txhawk I
Is that what she said her advice was or are you just throwing that out as a possibility?

If that was her advice, I fail to see how that would have prevented or even slightly diminished the refugee crisis.

The advice that would have hugely reduced the refugee crisis would have been to not meddle in Syria in the first place.

There were a lot more words, but that's basically what she advocated.

There were a lot more words, but that's basically what she advocated.
Disappointing. Not just wrong-headed but basically adopting the GOP line and handing the issue to them.

Sure, it will be harder for them to beat up Hillary over Syria if she agrees with them, but then they get to argue "Why vote for her? She says she argued for the right thing - if you can believe her (wink, wink) - but she couldn't get Obama to agree. We need more effective leadership than that."

Without the Syrian mess I would have said Obama's foreign policy has been pretty deft, overall. I wasn't happy with his adventurism in Libya and Ukraine, but he pulled them off fairly well and at very low cost. But Syria has been a disaster from the start.

Wow, just wow.
The Mideast is a complete clusterxxxx, etc., etc,

Reactions: 73chief

It has, but that situation was impossible.

Personally, I just wish we'd spend as much time and money converting our entire economy to hydrogen (or even fusion power since we seem to be closer to it than we ever have been before) as we've wasted in the middle east the last 10-15 years. We could become completely energy independent from anywhere else, sell weapons to Israel like we are crack dealers, and then say, we don't give a f***. Blow the hell our of yourselves for all we care. Give us the ability to say, "It just doesn't matter what you do". That's my solution. (Obviously, given our present day politics and who runs our government this is as likely to happen as all the different clans in the middle east sitting around a big fire, smoking a giant bong, and singing showtunes together, but I can dream).

Disappointing. Not just wrong-headed but basically adopting the GOP line and handing the issue to them.

Sure, it will be harder for them to beat up Hillary over Syria if she agrees with them, but then they get to argue "Why vote for her? She says she argued for the right thing - if you can believe her (wink, wink) - but she couldn't get Obama to agree. We need more effective leadership than that."
It wasn't long ago that Rs liked Hillary and Trump was a D. What a world.

And it always will be. Obama has spent the last 5 or so years trying to decrease the amount of wasted American lives and resources, which you would find fault in, no doubt.

Again - wow.
Except for a dead ambassador and a couple others, our strongest allies in the region almost all thinking we're screwing things up, and complete chaos it's gone pretty well.

Reactions: 73chief
It has, but that situation was impossible.

Personally, I just wish we'd spend as much time and money converting our entire economy to hydrogen (or even fusion power since we seem to be closer to it than we ever have been before) as we've wasted in the middle east the last 10-15 years. We could become completely energy independent from anywhere else, sell weapons to Israel like we are crack dealers, and then say, we don't give a f***. Blow the hell our of yourselves for all we care. Give us the ability to say, "It just doesn't matter what you do". That's my solution. (Obviously, given our present day politics and who runs our government this is as likely to happen as all the different clans in the middle east sitting around a big fire, smoking a giant bong, and singing showtunes together, but I can dream).

We tried to turn modest, peaceful pro-democracy protests into armed regime change and delegated the delivery of weapons to the #1 supporter of terrorism in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia - who promptly helped al Nusra and what was, at the time, some precursors of ISIS.

We were caught with our pants down by the Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt but by Syria we had somehow convinced ourselves that we were smart enough to manipulate such movements and use them as cover for regime change in Syria and Libya (and followed a similar game plan in Ukraine). With the results we have seen.

Needless to say, I am 100% in agreement with your wish that we had gone green decades ago. Not sure I would have put as many eggs in the fusion basket - but some, because it's a nice dream and may eventually pan out.

Again - wow.
Except for a dead ambassador and a couple others, our strongest allies in the region almost all thinking we're screwing things up, and complete chaos it's gone pretty well.
Well if it costs a trillion dollars and 5k lives, I don't give a f what Israel thinks of us.

We tried to turn modest, peaceful pro-democracy protests into armed regime change and delegated the delivery of weapons to the #1 supporter of terrorism in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia - who promptly helped al Nusra and what was, at the time, some precursors of ISIS.

We were caught with our pants down by the Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt but by Syria we had somehow convinced ourselves that we were smart enough to manipulate such movements and use them as cover for regime change in Syria and Libya (and followed a similar game plan in Ukraine). With the results we have seen.

Needless to say, I am 100% in agreement with your wish that we had gone green decades ago. Not sure I would have put as many eggs in the fusion basket - but some, because it's a nice dream and may eventually pan out.

I would have said the same thing about fusion power a year ago. Within the last two years two major players (Lockheed-Martin for one and I can't remember off the top of my head who the other was) came out with plans for miniaturized fusion reactors. If they say they are going to do something I believe them. We'll know in a year or two if it pans out. But if they are successful then one of the biggest issues with using hydrogen as a fuel source is solved. Currently, we would still need to rely on either nuclear of fossil fuels, at least in part, to produce hydrogen. I think if we put enough time and money into it we could solve that issue other ways, but fusion power would be the best right now.

dandh...She did NOT say what you are saying she said. She had differences in the approach to Syria but the problem was not Obama's inaction there.
She wanted to arm/aid Kurds. Obama wanted to make sure they would not inadvertently arm the enemy.

I would have said the same thing about fusion power a year ago. Within the last two years two major players (Lockheed-Martin for one and I can't remember off the top of my head who the other was) came out with plans for miniaturized fusion reactors. If they say they are going to do something I believe them. We'll know in a year or two if it pans out. But if they are successful then one of the biggest issues with using hydrogen as a fuel source is solved. Currently, we would still need to rely on either nuclear of fossil fuels, at least in part, to produce hydrogen. I think if we put enough time and money into it we could solve that issue other ways, but fusion power would be the best right now.
I've been seeing those articles for many years. Old design with recent improvements, iirc. They never seem to get much further. One of these days, maybe.

Here's a different kind of thought.... Some century we may get global warming under control and have very low CO2 levels. That will trigger conditions for global cooling (a high O2 atmosphere lets heat escape). The good news is that we know how to combat that. Just start burning fossil fuels. As long as we still have them. I wonder if we'd have as much resistance to restarting drilling and fracking and whatnot in that future as we do now to stopping those dangerous processes.

Well if it costs a trillion dollars and 5k lives, I don't give a f what Israel thinks of us.

Thanks but I didn't mention Israel.
For the record they are one of a bunch of our allies wondering WTF BHO is doing.
With that being said I can also take the approach of telling the rest of the Muslim and arab world we'll support whoever the f we want and you will never stop us.

Give them credit. They are very quick on their feet.

It helps when you aren't inhibited by honesty or morality and treat facts as negotiable commodities.

It also helps when a majority of Dem and GOP voters don't see morality and honesty as traits on which to judge a candidate. It explains why they are both leading.

Wow, just wow.
Yes, for the last 5000 years or so. I can't believe Obama hasn't fixed it in the last 6 years. :rolleyes:
The problem in Syria is they aren't tired of killing each other, yet. When that happens peace will have a chance.

I see she's calling for us to take 65,000 refugees. Good for her.

Well since you don't pay taxes and it doesn't have any meaning to you I guess the rest of us will pay for YOU and them.

I'm guessing this is why you're a fan of "no boarders". America has been good to you and you think everyone should get the WWJD treatment.

You make me sick.

Reactions: waterboy4582
Well since you don't pay taxes and it doesn't have any meaning to you I guess the rest of us will pay for YOU and them.

I'm guessing this is why you're a fan of "no boarders". America has been good to you and you think everyone should get the WWJD treatment.

You make me sick.
I always get a kick when a "good Christian" shows his real colors.

BTW, if I'm favoring taking in refugees, how can I be a fan of "no boarders"? I mean we have to board them somewhere if we take them in, don't we?

I know, I know, I should stop shooting fish in a barrel, but you are so shrill about advertising your stupidity that it's hard to resist.

I always get a kick when a "good Christian" shows his real colors.

BTW, if I'm favoring taking in refugees, how can I be a fan of "no boarders"? I mean we have to board them somewhere if we take them in, don't we?

I know, I know, I should stop shooting fish in a barrel, but you are so shrill about advertising your stupidity that it's hard to resist.

Oh, we have boarders because WWJD doesn't get to make rules, thank goodness.

You also don't pay taxes so of course you want everyone to come here and get the benefits you receive. Talk about fish in a barrel, you're transparent and we all see why you want more ppl here.

You're Mother fricken Theresa!

Reactions: waterboy4582

Green doesn't matter if your enemies want to rule the world under their religion and have nukes.

I would find fault. The migration is a problem for the European Union. Obama has put Iran in a position to have access to the bomb. This lack of stability is a world problem. We cannot hide from it. It will eventually enable these "JV military leaders" to attack the U.S. and Israel. When the U.S. does not lead, there is no leadership. Obama's decision to pull troops is the cause of this migration. The EU's failure to address this militarily is contributing. (They deserve what they are getting.) And don't lose sight of the fact that these people fleeing their homeland are unwilling to fight for it. Obama's $500 million investment for an Iraqi Army has yielded "4 or 5" fighters. That is 4 or 5. What an epic joke. My military friends who graduated from West Point all agree, the President has made a devastating mistake with mammoth repercussions. The EU and the U.S. will have to deal with this. They feel the parallels are very similar to the way Hitler moved with no resistance prior to WWII. You may well be witnessing the beginning stages of WWIII. And our President just signed an agreement to provide Iran with $154 billion.
Agree to disagree. You feel like we should occupy pos countries, costing hundreds of billions of dollars a year and hundreds of casualties a year. I don't.

Wow, just wow.

Obama foreign policy deft? Wow. That is even a new intellectual low for even WWJD. Here are his foreign policy "accomplishments" in no particular order:
  • Establishment of the first Caliphate in nearly 100 years by a group the Obama administration called "the JV".
  • Complete dismantling of the 70-year U.S.-Israel relationship to the point that Israeli leaders are now going directly to the Russians and ignoring the US, since Russia has now become the new power broker in the Middle East
  • Near completion of an Iranian nuclear weapon.
  • Renewal of civil war and mass killings in Iraq due to a premature withdrawal of American troops.
  • Deaths of more than 100,000 in Syria and the impending refugee fiasco.
  • Revival of the Taliban in Afghanistan.
  • Inauguration of hostile relations with Russia.
  • Signing of the new START treaty with Russia. A horribly negotiated agreement which has allowed Obama to handicapped our nuclear arsenal even as Russia openly violates the provisions of the agreement.
  • As a sign of good faith to Putin during the negotiations of the START treaty, Obama released classified information about the British nuclear weapons program without the Brit's knowledge, thus significantly damaging our relationship with our longest and strongest allies
  • Emboldening of a newly assertive China.
  • Solidification of leftist regimes throughout Latin America.
  • Mistrust of America by its traditional Arab and Asian allies.
  • Rise of Islamism and chaos in Libya. Including the Bengazi disaster.
  • Spread of war on terror to Yemen and Mali due to Obama's lack of support to democratic regimes very friendly to the US.
  • Snubbing the Canadians with the needless delay on the Keystone Pipeline. Canada has now moved to build a pipeline to the Pacific which will benefit the Chinese.
  • Complete mishandling of the peace process and nation building in South Sudan which has lead to more ethnic cleansing.
  • The Bowe Bergdahl Swap. Enough said.
In a nut shell our allies don't trust us, our enemies don't respect us, and we have turned over world leadership to the Russians and the Chinese.

He is arguably the greatest disaster as a foreign policy President we have ever had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT