ADVERTISEMENT

Hilmer

mr12182

HR All-State
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2009
Did Iowa or any other big ten programs recruit him for baseball ?Will he get drafted in baseball? Am perplexed as to why he is going to Upper Iowa. Please enlighten me. TIA

He had the opportunity to play 2 sports, baseball and basketball at Upper Iowa and receive some $ scholarship wise from them.

Did Iowa or any other big ten programs recruit him for baseball ?Will he get drafted in baseball? Am perplexed as to why he is going to Upper Iowa. Please enlighten me. TIA

He is a good high school athlete. North Linn beats up on schools that year after year field teams of 8th graders to sophomores as the majority of their rosters. You can confirm that at quikstatsiowa.com if you wish. Consistently facing 90+ at a D1 school would take time to adjust I would imagine.

Reactions: Pinehawk
He wanted to play both basketball (stud in that sport too) and baseball. UIU gave him the chance to do both and $$. He's a good grab for them.

Great high school athlete but not a great D1 fit in either sport. D2 is a good level for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT