ADVERTISEMENT

History Thread #7 What would have happened if JFK was not assassinated?

What would have happened if JFK was not assasinated?

• Nothing different than what happened in the 60's

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Pulled out of Vietnam and a generation of youth would not die

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Cold War would have ended sooner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He would have died of Addison's disease anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Our country would be more united today

• Nixon would have died a small man

• Total voters
Shit, I’ve missed the other history questions., have you done who would you kill? Hitler or John Wilkes Booth?

I think this is the first question along these lines. I probably won't do it again. I'm just fascinated with 60's. I read a lot of history. There is a genre out there of history fiction on what if....

I think this is the first question along these lines. I probably won't do it again. I'm just fascinated with 60's. I read a lot of history. There is a genre out there of history fiction on what if....
I remember watching every minute of post assination news, including seeing Oswald being murdered live on TV. Of course there was no choice with 3 channels on the old Magnavox black and white...

I think the there would have been less political violence in the late 60's and early 70's. Potentially saving MLK, RFK the kids at Kent and about 40000 domestic bombings.

I tend to think you are right. A revolution of young people was going to come regardless, but the violence probably would not have been as extreme.

I think we would have saved a lot of young lives by not escalating Vietnam. LBJ was an arrogant asshole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT