ADVERTISEMENT

Hitchens to Chiefs

They have a decent Hawk history. Wiegmann, Podolak, Danan Hughes, Jonathan Hayes, John Alt...probably forgetting some guys.

Stanzi...I won't forgive the Chiefs for signing Kyle Orton over giving Ricky a shot that one season. That hurt. Moeaki...if only the guy coulda stayed healthy.

They have a decent Hawk history. Wiegmann, Podolak, Danan Hughes, Jonathan Hayes, John Alt...probably forgetting some guys.

Stanzi...I won't forgive the Chiefs for signing Kyle Orton over giving Ricky a shot that one season. That hurt. Moeaki...if only the guy coulda stayed healthy.
Yep, Haley did everything he could to scuttle the Chiefs on his way out the door. He should have given Ricky a shot instead of playing Tyler Palco the last several games.. Everyone in the league, knew that guy was never going to be an NFL QB.....:mad:

Yep, Haley did everything he could to scuttle the Chiefs on his way out the door. He should have given Ricky a shot instead of playing Tyler Palco the last several games.. Everyone in the league, knew that guy was never going to be an NFL QB.....:mad:

Tyler Palko...ugh.

Orton actually did well, think he won 3 in a row after he started playing. I don't blame him at all. It was how they arrived at Orton that pissed me off.

Ricky deserved at the absolute very least a chance to play, even if it was garbage time (of which there was plenty to throw around). He had put his time in, knew the offense - and if he ain't good enough to play over Tyler Palko under any circumstance, Ricky had no business being on the squad in the first place.

Hate the Chiefs! Loved the collapse in the 2nd half against the Titans. That was so Chiefs like.

Don't forget about Kerry Readon.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_Caulk
Way to go Hitch. Super Legit new contract for a solid and physical presence at LB. Chiefs will benefit greatly from his addition. Stay healthy and tear it up Hitch!

Man, that sucks Ant!
At least you're making that paper :D

Wait, I don't think you're actually gonna read this do I?

I showed up in Fall of 68...I think Reardon was a Sophmore then IIRC.
You were there for some interesting years. I do not want to get too far off topic, but Ed Podolak was there along with Larry Lawrence and Denny Green. The boycott of 1969. A lot of stuff going on back then. I grew up 1 block from Kinnick.

You were there for some interesting years. I do not want to get too far off topic, but Ed Podolak was there along with Larry Lawrence and Denny Green. The boycott of 1969. A lot of stuff going on back then. I grew up 1 block from Kinnick.

I was a lowly freshman who broke his foot the first day of practice and then re-broke the same foot again when I returned 6 weeks later. But they hardly missed a 5-9 185# linebacker from a small high school.

Reactions: RogerKint
I was a lowly freshman who broke his foot the first day of practice and then re-broke the same foot again when I returned 6 weeks later. But they hardly missed a 5-9 185# linebacker from a small high school.
Good story! You can never look back and say you didn’t give it a shot. I am envious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT